Chapter 24

Asta had the plump man pushed against the wall with his arm, with his free fit he aimed a punch.

"What do I care, moron? It don't matter to me whether other guys die or lose their magic!"The man seeths.Asta snaps and raises his balled fist and it starts to fly towards the man's face.

"YOU LOUSY PIECE OF......."

"Stop!" Theresa shouts, running towards Asta.Asta's fist slides a bit to the side and crashes into the wall behind the man.

"This pain isn't enough to make up for what you did!! You're gonna pay for it properly, starting NOW!"Asta barks at the man with anger written across his face. The man trembles and looks at the hole Asta had bunch beside his head with sweat rolling down his face.

"That's right! A man like that isn't even worth striking with fist with. Never mind him.We have to do something about the children." Theresa cuts in.

"Oh yeah!" Asta's mood completely changes as he runs through the group of children tapping them each on the head with the handle of his sword.

"Taaaake that 'n that 'n that 'n that 'n that!" The sleeping children wake up from the spell and start to look around in wonder, some spot Theresa and run up to her.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"My feet huuurt!"

"Where are we?"

"Sister!"

"Asta!" A little boy runs up to Asta.

"Luca!"Asta exclaims as Theresa begins to gather the children.

"There, there! All right everyone come to me."She shouts as the children hear her voice, they gather around her. She casts her healing spell on the children and they sit in mumbles.

"Asta, didn't you grow up in the church in Hage?"Theresa asks him.Asta nods.

"Sister Lily from your church came to ours to train once. She was a fine young woman."

"Isn't she?" Asta beams.

"We had a chance to talk for the first time in ages, and she told me about you."

"Sister Lily talked about me?! What did she say?!"Asta beams.

I turn my attention back to the boy, Neige. Gauche lands on the ground and kicks Neige. I land beside him and start to shout.

"Gauche, he can't fight anymore, there's no reason to hurt him!"I shout as he glares the tied up boy.I go over to him and help him sit up, using my palm to wipe off some blood on his chin, unfortunately I smudged it instead.

"He hurt Marie, the only way to atone for that is death!"I look at my hands in deep thought.

I would kill him if hurt Asta or Yuno too....

From the corner of my eye, I spit Marie running towards us.

"Gauche!I'm okay!! Sister Theresa healed all my injuries too.. So please forgive him!"She shouts in a high-pitched voice.

"No, I can't. I'm eliminating anyone who might hurt you right now."

"Never mind that.We need to get them to tell us how to return the children's magic!"I hear Theresa. All.I stand up as Neige looks up at me.

"She's right.We need answers, and I'm not quite sure if these people know it. They could've been working for someone else."I conclude.I hear another painful cry from behind me, Ai turn quickly to see Gauche's foot on the side of Neige's head on the ground.