Chapter 7

"No because those are the people, I need to protect!"

"I see, so you value these filthy beasts." Heath raises his hand and ice shards start forming, that aim right at me.

"I'll shoot them right back at you!" Asta yells charging forwards. The ice shards multiply, his subordinates creating more.

"Ice and Mist Compound Magic: Endless Ice cage." After he casted his spell, a gust of wind went ahead.

"Don't forget, I'm here." Yuno says.

"Oh, right, I almost forgot."I say sheepishly.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Sky on Water Reflection!" A large portal started to cover the villagers, it was clear from my direction, but on the outside it was a mirror that could reflect magic.

"We can't hear what they're saying, but we can look at what their doing. Noelle, right? Can you put up defenses too?" I ask her. She looks to the side.

"I can't control my magic." She replied in shame.

"Oh, well uh. Sit tight then." I shoo her off to Mimosa as she was still healing the villagers. She stands on the side when a small girl comes crying to her.They say a few things before Noelle stands up and her grimoire shines.

Nice, she has a new spell.

"Water Creation Magic: Sea Dragon's Lair! I am royalty and a Black Bull! I will protect the people of this country!" She shouts as another dome of water covers mine.

Dammit, another princess to protect.

Asta charges as his buddy stands back, Yuno and Leopold take on the subordinates, it wouldn't be difficult if it wasn't for the mist, they could accidentally hit any magic source and it could be their ally, so they're not taking any chances.

Now, I feel as hopeless as Noelle, not fighting and just on defences.

Asta hits Heath and red spurts from his lips.

"Did he get him?"Noelle exclaimed.

"No, he made ice to make Asta slip and killed his momentum, resulting in a minor attack." I explain.

God damn royals use your brain for a second please.

Asta was pushed back by an ice shard that Heath was able to manage, the ice shattered and Asta laid there.

We can't risk Mimosa to go out there with out any attack mages, Leopold and Yuno are in a tight situation and need Asta's help, but Asta's unconscious, and the guy with the shades is runny low on mana, Noelle and I are on defenses.

"Dammit! Nothing is going to work!"I scream racking my brain. Heath approaches Noelle's defense spell and freezes a spot, the ice was going to shatter.

"I'M NOT DONE YET!" Asta holds his sword and was about to swing when the ice appeared and pushed him back. Even after a few more blows, Asta is still standing.

"I'M GOING TO BECOME THE MAGIC EMPEROR TO PROTECT EVERYBODY!"Asta shouts.

That's right, we aim to become the Magic Emperor, we can't lose now! Especially now! This is my first mission!

I look at Noelle and she looks back at me.My grimoire starts shining and a new spell imprints itself onto the blank page.

A new spell?.....this could work if Asta knew what I'm planning to do, well here goes.