Chapter 29

"No fair Yami, fighting fun opponents by your lonesome.Whaddaya think?Are they worth slicing up?"Jack licks his lips.

"Nah, no way.They're pretty much like paper."Yami answers, blowing out a puff of smoke.

"Bwa ha ha ha!Now you're lying.And hey....Should I grab the chance to cut you all up? Vent all my past grudges?"Jack speaks as he turns to Yami.

"Here he goes again.This guys is an idiot.I'm so sorry spare me sir."Yami replies sarcastically.

"Bwa ha ha ha!Mooooron.Like I'd actually do it.If I was gonna, I'd wait until your at 100 percent.There's no point in slicing you up otherwise!"Jack licks his blade with a slurp as he says that.

"It's the Captain of the Green Praying Mantises!Jack the Ripper, a severing magic user.A super-sadist destruction fiend, who brags that he'll slice up the whole world!Supposedly, he shaved a whole mountain away in a little dustup with Yami..."Finral trails off in bewilderment.

Well he does play the sadist part by licking his blade...

"How long are you going to stay on your rear?For a man, you're quite pitiful."Charlotte states.

She likes him.....

"Idiot.The ground loves me so much, it won't let go of my butt."Yami explains.

"You're the idiot.The ground would never love an outlaw like you."Charlotte snaps back.

"But she would...."I trail off, so no one heard me.

"Oh harsh.If you don't fix that attitude, you'll never find a guy to marry you, y'know."Yami retorts.The vines around Charlotte fly up.

"I don't need one.The battlefield is my partner."Charlotte states.

"It's the captain fo the Blue Rose Knights!Cool Beauty Miss Charlotte Roselei!She's gorgeous!I'd love to know hee better!"Finral shouts full of determination with hearts in his eyes.

"The battlefield is your partner huh? How sad."Yami comments.

"The top brass of the traitors who attacked our country, all in a row.What a perfect opportunity.I'll bury them with my own hands.You can hurry up and vanish foreigner."Nozel speaks annoyedly.

"Wow.Thanks for being considerate, Mister Ball O'Pride."Yami fires back.

I can't even think of a  more perfect nickname for him than Mister Ball O'Pride, damn the Black Bulls Captain is good at comebacks...gotta take notes....

"I wonder how he gets his hair like that."Yami wonders.

"Huh?He's a royal, so his servants probably do it, right?"Asta answers.

He has a point....a stuck up royal with a massive ego probably gets his hair done up by his servants...

"No way.He has people do it for him?That's kinda lame."Yami comments.

"Wait, you mean he braids his hair himself?"Asta questions.

Well...I tried learning from Sister Lily, but I can't braid....

"Huh? Yea.That's creepy too."Yami concludes.Nozel stared towards Yami and Asta as a vein pops on his forehead.

"Should I bury you first?"He asks with a murderous intent.

"Nah.Don't waste your magic on foreigners."Yami waves him off.

"The Royal Captain of the decorated Silver Eagles, Nozel Silva...You can tell he's the real thing by that aura! And he's handsome too...curses..."Finral mutters.

"Who are those guys?"Gauche cuts in from behind me.

"If you were listening to Finral, wait-IF YOU'RE A MAGIC KNIGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS!"I yell at him waving my arm around.

"If they're not Marie.I don't care."

"Why did I bother to answer your question, actually...why did you even bother to ask..."I sigh slouching my shoulders.

"RAAAAAAAAHHH!I'M ALL FIRED UP NOW!!!I'M STILL IN THIS FIGHT!!!"Asta yells holding both of his swords with a moronic face on.

"Stay out of it pond scum.When the captains are on the battlefield.Medicore abilities will only slow us down, especially a peasant with no magic like you."Nozel snaps.Asta enthusiasm dies down.

You can't just look down on us like that...you ego ballistic jerk.I'm fighting no matter what comes my way.

Raia charges forwards with his copy if Yami's sword.

"All right!I call the pretty lady!If i win, you're gonna go drinking with me!"Raia shouts as Charlotte flares up roses.

My attention drifts as I spot Licht still recovering in flames, Nozel was facing Fana, as Jack was going at it with Vetto.From the corner of my eyes I spot Yami and Asta.

Now's my chance!

"Heavenly Sky Magic:God's Throne, and Cross of Sin!"A white cross appears and I grab the shorter end and hold it like a sword.I teleport in front of Licht and aim for the kill.At the same time, Yami springs from above with his katana up high.Licht looks up and smirks, he blows us both away, I feel myslef hit against the rubble with a sharp pain in my side, I look down to spot blood dripping, I look a little closer.

Okay....This is weird, why is there no stab but clear skin?!

There wasn't any wound, and yhe pain was already gone, only blood tainted the rims of the ripped clothing.I look up to see Asta hitting Licht with his sword.

"Heh heh!How didya like that? No magic in that attack!"Asta grins as Yami pats his head.

"Kid...Way to surpass your limits!"Yami praises as Asta smiles  even more, I slowly get up.Fana, Vetto and Raia look up at Licht in panic as they yell his name.I walk up next to Asta and we look at Licht's body.

Every thing worked out in the end I guess..

"Think more reinforements ate gonna show?"Yami asks.

"Probably."I answer as he puffs out a breath of smoke.

"Let's finish him while the others are being held up!"Finral shouts.

Licht suddenly begins the shine.

"What's that?!"Asta yells.

"Not good!That anti-magic attack!It released the sealing magic on Licht!"Vetto shouts as Raia panics.

"Why....do you have that grimoire.....why do you have...the Demon Slayer Sword and The Demon Dweller Sword....?Those swords.....belong to the Master!"Licht shouts as he's lifted off the ground covered in a ball of light.

"You just keep talkin crazy..."Asta sighs.

"This ratty old grimoire and this ratty old swords are mine! Quit making weird false accusations, you nutjob!"Asta yells.

"No give them back....that grimoire is...."Licht starts to chant as different language as the light becomes bigger and brighter swallowing up the rocks around it.Jack sends a slash towards him, only to be swallowed up.

"Haw haw!It swallowed up my severing magic!"Jack yells, licking his lips.

"That's a big concentration of magic power...if he releases that it'll blow away the entire area!"I shout as Charlotte copies.

Not unless...I blow this area away with him first with Meteorite Glore......probably a bad idea....