Chapter 23

"Luca and Marco, where could they be at this hour?" Rebecca cries thinking of all the possibilities.

"Maybe the bathroom?" Asta suggests.

Suddenly, lights start to appear from the houses near by.

"Urian, where are you?!"

"Chris?!"

"Fawn is gone!"

"Not the bathroom I guess, DWAAAHHHHH!!!!" Asta dodges anothr attack and it's flying straight at me.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Sky on Water Reflection."My own mirror appears and shoot it's straight at Asta who clears it with his sword.

"Hey! What's wrong with this town?!" Asta exclaims in the cold.

"Snow falling out of no where at this time of the year?!That's insane!" A hugh pitched voice alarms us.

"Noelle?!?!?"Asta yells in surprise as she walks over rubbing her arms together for warmth.

"I saw lots of children leave for the mountain all of a sudden a little while ago.What was that? Magic? Some kind of Festival?"Noelle rants looking in the direction she saw the children go.

"No.It's magic alright, I can feel it." I explain.

"By the way Noelle, what are ypu doing here?" Asta inquires her.She immediately blushes and stumble around her words.

"I-i was just passing through!"She yelps.

Sure, sure.He'll believe you.

I think to myself sarcastically.

"Oh ok."Asta says.

You.have.got.to.be.kidding.me.

"I can feel someone's magic on this snow." Gauche states.

"Uh! If you were listening, I JUST said that!"I rant as I look up in the direction Noelle was looking at.

The footprints are faint but, enough for you to see them ever so slightly...

"A spell that controls it's targets. It may be limited to children who haven't developed their magic yet. Kidnapping children....what do they plan to do with them? Several of ours were taken too!" A familiar voice talks from behind us. We turn to see the nun from before with another Sister.

"Hey, Old Hag, you said several kids were taken.Don't tell me. Marie better not have been one of them." Gauche says in a threatening tone.

"Unfortunately, yes."The nun says looking down. Gauche immediately grabs the nun's collar screaming.

"OLD HAAAAG!!!YOU WERE RIGHT THERE HAG!!WHAT WERE YOU DOING!?!?"He bawls in anger.I jump and pull him off.

"Even so, it won't make the children come back!"I yell at him.

"Your right.But I have to tale my anger out somehow."Hee throws a punch at me, I was ready to blown him backwards when Asta cuts in and takes the blow.

"Asta.You little....."Gauche breathes heavily to try to resist his anger.

"Now, now Mister Gauche.Just calm down a little."Asta says waving his hand, he suddenly slams Gauche down with a head butt to Gauche's head.

"A Magic Knight, should always keep a cool head." Asta recalls.

I'm pretty sure that's my Captain said.

"Your right."Gauche agrees and looks up with a bloodied head.

"I'll kill you calmly."

"That hurt you lousy brat!!"Gauche shouts standing up and rubbing his head.