Chapter 16

"How does one get to be the Wizard King?!

Julius looks taken aback in surprise, before he bursts out in a fit of laughter.

"I see! You three want to be the Magic Emperor, do you? All Magic Knights should be that ambitious!" He muses cheerily.

"It's rude to ask the Magic Emperor a question like that directly, you three! Listen to me! The Magic Emperor must have a noble heart and the deep trust of the people.." Klaus starts to talk as he pushes his glasses up.(You have no idea how many times I've written that line)

"No. It's results. You can't protect the people with pride alone. Trust comes after you've built your reputation. People want just one thing from the Magic Emperor. Achievements that mark you as the strongest. Produce Results. Devote yourselves to building a reputation, results are everything. No one who's unable to do that could never at the top!" After his speech, I felt a new wave wash over me.I grip my fist without realizing.

"BRING IT ON!"Asta, Yuno and I shout at the same time, our vioces filled to the brim with determination with our newly found information.

"All right! As a matter of fact, we're holding a decoration ceremony for the Magic Knights who've been awarded an outstanding number of stars today, if I recall correctly, (Y/n) you wre invited, so I guess I was wondering what you were doing getting caught up in this bunch that we reporting about the the mission, anyways, I hope you'll come and join us!"Julius exclaims.

All the others looked as confused as I was.

Well...if I do remember correctly, Leopold told me about an awarding ceremony last week.....meh.

We follow the Magic Emperor up towards the palace, we go through the gates and go through the corridors before stopping at a large door, the doors open and light spills from the room, it opens and the Emperor steps into the room.

Wait.....why is Leopold and Captain Furgoleon here?

"All right, can you give me better results than they have?"Julius asks.

A rehetorical question, he's challenging our determination and our ability to cahse our dream....

Julius steps up the steps. I make eye contact with Leopold and he looks down at his hand, I follow his gaze to see his hand motioning for me to stand next to him, I glance back at Yuno and the others before making my desicion to go over there. I scramble over, in the most awkward possible. I make my way and stand beside Leopold.

I'm feeling uncontrollably short right now next to these tall ass people.

I kept thinking about my height when my name was suddenly being called.

"(Y/n) of the Crimson Lion King Knights with three stars earned! I grant you the title of Junior Magic Knight, 3rd Class! You use an ancient magic bestowed from the heavens, I can see the Lady of Luck has been with you. Just try not the go over board with your power."Julius says.

"Uh, sure. Thanks."I say with a smile of confusion, in the coner of eye i could see Leopold and Furgoleon face palming.Julius chuckles nervously as glares shot my way from the other side of the room.

"Leopold Vermillion of the Crimson Lion King Knights, with seven stars earned! I grant you the title of Intermediate Magic Knight, 2nd class! You use the same flame magic as your  big brother, the leader of the Crimson Lions, and your power is overwhelming! I guess you'll have to be careful not to go overboard."Julius chuckles again.

"Evil needs no mercy."

WOAAAAH LEOPOLD ACTUALLY JUST SOUNDED REALLY COOL JUST THEN!!!

"Sol Marron of the Blue Rose Knights, with six stars earned! I grant you title of Intermediate Magic Knight, 3rd Class! You're as dynamic as the guys! Both that and your creative Earth Magic are amazing, but you're a bit too much of a free spirit!"