Chapter 40

Hey guys, sorry for not updating, I've actually been experiencing a big house move in real life and my parents are in financial difficulty, so I don't really have the heart to write much in my books, but when things get better I'll make sure to write more chapters! Tanks for sticking by 💞

(Y/n)'s POV

That's it!!

I lift my head up in a jolt when it clashes with another.

"OUCH!"I rub my forehead in annoyance as I spot the book that landed on me and reached for it.

"Blood Recovery Magic!" I yelp as I flip it back up to the page I was looking at.

"Blood Recovery Magic? And just how exactly are you going to get that?" Gauche asks me as he raises a brow.

"That's what we're gonna find out."I answer as I look the page over.

"In the Forest or Witches, the Queen there has powerful magic, she has even lived up to over 400 years. The forest is located in the region off the borders of The Diamond Kingdom and The Clover Kingdom. The population is made of entirely females who specialise in the use of special magics like curses and familiars." I read the information out loud as I sit up against the bookshelf. Unnoticing that Gauche has been staring and not listening.

"So we gotta go the forest of witches and get the Queen to promise to heal Asta."I finish.

Silence...?

I peer up from my book and see light brown orbs staring into mine.

"Gau...che?"I whisper in a questioning voice.

The image of Asta and his smile suddenly flashes in my mind, except, the smile was a sad one, and his arms....

Weren't healed... No. I need to heal them, I can't waste time.

"I need to get going, Asta's arms aren't going to heal himself."I say with with a determined voice, I push Gauche slight and quickly stand up, gunning for the door.

"I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME YOU RASCAL!"A shriek hollers behind me.

Yikes! That's the librarian!

I pick up the pace and realise what's in my hand.

IT'S THE BOOK! AND I STOLE IT AND THE LIBRARIAN HATES ME, ISN'T THIS JUST GREAT?!?

"NO! This isn't the time!"I mentally slap myself as I spot a broom shop.

I dig through my purse and pull out coins and threw them into the hands of the seller.

"One broom!"I yell,

I grab one and take off.

I pull out the book and check the location again.

I'll need to take an hour and a bit to get there...

I look down at the back of my palms.

Half a sun...I could get there in less than hour if I use all the collected magic, but I might need it...urggghhh screw it!

I shove the book back into my bag and clutch the broom stick adding immense magic into it, it halts and speeds through into the air.

Asta! Just wait!

1 hour later...

I sense.... a force field of magic around that area... it must be the Queen's territory...

I slow down, and stare down at my hands.

The suns are completely gone and I used a bit of my magic too...