Chapter 25

I run towards to children, the monster slams it hand down on the ground making Theresa and Asta jump bavkwards.

"Heavenly Sky Magic:Sky on Water Reflection!"A large chrone sphere covers the children.

"Heheh! I'll take you homw this time for sure, Asta!"Sally shouts giggly.

And I'll protect you this time, for sure.

The monster roars and waves his arm until it hit tbe ceiling, a few large rocks falling down, it hits my spell and falls off to the base, Asta and Theresa cut through the ones thrown at them, I wave my hand and the rocks burst into pieces.

"What's going on!? We can't handle something that big!"Theresa cries, with her grimoire flapping rapidly.

"In any case we have to take the children away."She calls to me as i nod and open up a little arch way for her to enter, she goes in and I close the hole up.After a while, a flame leopard comes pur caring a few children and they flee to the exit.I look back at the monster and try to deduct a strategy.

I need to know it's attributes first, mud is made of water and earth, fire and lightning with probably do the trick, so Asta can negate it but it keeps mass producing the mud, if I use my lance it will result in the same cause as Asta's and even if Theresa uses her flame magic it will be the same.....URGGGHHHHHH!!!!WHATEVER JUST WING IT!

I jump over next to Asta as Neige has suddenly appeared behind him.

"The dark magic item I injected him with, eats the subjects life energy and produces an explosion of magic power! If he's like that, even with anti-magic you won't be able to take him down easily."Sally states with a large smile.

So basically invincible.....unless his life energy runs out, we'll have to hold off until then....but can we even hold it off now!?!?

One of thw monster's arm slams down onto Asta as he slashes it with his sword.

"Theres no end to it!(Y/n)!can't you figure something out?!"Asta shouts to me.

"Shut up!I'm concentrating!If this thing goes on with life energy then we'll have to wait till it runs out of life energy!Unless theres another way to cancel the effect!"I shout back at him, I pace a little bit rubbing my chin.

Wait...a way to cancel it, nullify it.....BUT HOW?!?

I hear Asta scream and I look up ready to fire a spell when Theresa cuts in and saves him, I release my magic and go back to thinking.

After a while of fighting back and forth we stand face to face with Sally again.

How do I nullify it, a way to cancel life is to kill it...wait!That's it death!We just kill it instead of trying to hold it off.

"Asta, go for the kill, even of we do reverse the effects of the dark magic item, I doubt he'll even be alive so just kill him."I say him, he looks at me shocked but slowly nods his head knowing that's the only way.

"Geez.You're stubborn.Stop protecting those guys and let me catch you, Asta."Sally says in complete boredom.

"Quit protecting?I'm a Magic Knight.No way. Even if it kills me!"Asta declares as I catch glimpse of Gauche coming back, without Marie, after hearing Asta's words he smirks.

"And, beofre I become the Magic Emperor, theres no way I'm gonna die!"Asta shouts the last bit.He charges forwards, I charge forwards too readying my grimoire.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Sky Galaxy!"A bunch of spinning stars appear and shoot them selves at the monster.

"Penertrate!"I shout as they form themselves into a blade like tip and spiraling towards the monster.

It's no good! We'll get caught!

I close my eyes ready to be submerged into mud.

Huh?

I open my eyes to see I'm in someone's arms.

"Gauche?!?"I shout in surprise as Asta say the same thing.

"You almost died right there after yelling some dumb stuff."Gauche states putting me down next to Asta.

"Mister Gauche?!What were ypu doing running away?!"Asta asks in a loud voice.

"Can it!I wasn't running away!I was just gettibg Marie to safety!"He tells Asta off.

"It doesn't matter whether you join in or not.It's useless!"Sally shouts smiling.

"Lile we don't know that already."I mutter under my breath.Gauche flies up and charges towards the monster.

"I'll take you on myself!I'll fight!FOR THE SAKE OF MARIE'S LOVE!AND SO SHE'LL TELL ME I'M COOL!"Gauche yells at rhe monster as he summons another him from the mirror world.A dozen other mirrors appears and he uses his spell, rays shot out of each mirror and reflected it theough the monster and Sally's new salamander, Asta beams in awe at his magic.

He's good...but nor good enough.

The monster regenerates and holds it arm up high, ready to fall down on Gauche.Instead, it punches him and he flies off his broom stick and skids across the hard floor with his double, he winces in pain as the arm comes back for a secound round.Asta cuts in and slices the arm, unfortunately it regenerates and kept coming down.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Crescent Glacier!"A boomerang of sharp ice cuts through the hand, giving them enough time to bounce bavk before the hand landed on the ground.

"I thought you came here to help?"I say as I approach them, Gauche looks at me.

"Yeah!So what were you doin?!Charging in by yourself!We're team right?!"Asta yells looking at gim, Gauche breaks our eye contact and looks at Asta, Asta turns to face him.

"WE'LL PROTECT YOU!YOU PROTECT US!IF YOU DO THAT! WE'LL BE ABLE RO FIGHT FOREVER!AN EPIC STRATEGY IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!"Azta shouts pointing at hinself.

"Theres only so long that we can last going by that strategy..."I sigh and shrug mg shoulders to go with it, since I had no other ideas.Gauche stands up with a smirk and his bangs covering his eyes.

"What kind of ridiculous strategy is that? This guy really is an idiot."He mutters starting to bring his head up.He smiles and looks up at us fully.

"I guess there's no choice.If you guys die, Marie will be sad.I'll protect you!"He shouts in co operation.

No way....how can Asta of all people convince a sister complex disordered jerk?!?

-----
Sorry for not posting this earlier, if you read the chapter before and it was short, it's because I accidently published it when it wasn't finished , but I finished so you might wanna go re-read that.
Thanks for supporting me!Until next time I leave a note!

-Melodichii♡