Chapter 39

The sound of the wind blows against William's face, making an outline.

There's a scar....

"That's one heck of a scar. Did you get it in battle?" Yami asks.

"No. I was born with it. They called me a cursed child. Even magic couldn't fix this scar, you see. The people around me thought it was creepy and they were afraid of me. I was the illegitimate child of a certain noble. Until I was eight, I lived in the forsaken realm. However, when the noble lost it's heir, I was taken in by an aristocrat. Fortunately, I had a great deal of magical power, and my World Tree Magic was viewed as a curiousity. However, they loathed my face. In addition, the noble's lawful wife, my foster mother, abused me. It was a hellish childhood."

"You've had it rough too, huh."

I never knew... and yet I accused him so much...was I actually wrong...?

I snap out of my thoughts as William continues his story.

"But in the midst of all that, I met Julius. He didn't care about my appearance, all he saw was my power. He gave me my mask. I was so happy. I wanted to pledge my grimoire to his service."

Silence soon followed.

"Sorry. I didn't to make you feel bad." Yami apologises.

"No, I'm glad I was able to tell you how things really are. Thank you Yami."

"I see..."

"Captain Vangeance! The Diamonds have begun retreating!" A voice notifies William as they finish their conversation.

"Shall we go too? Transporting the captives can be such a chore." William inquires.

"Yeah... oh. If we're moving captives, I brought some handy people along. Let's work em hard." Yami adds.

"Within reason, Yes." William answers with a slight laugh. I cancel the spell and try to remember his face.

I was wrong...

I start to head back Asta and Yuno, I jump down the tree and spot Yuno talking with a hazel haired male.

"Yuno!" I yell as I jump down from my spot, I land and stand next to him.

"Hmm? Your lover?" The male says tilting his head, looking me up and down.

"No. She's my friend from home." Yuno answers as his gaze looks down on me.

"Hmmmm. Sure, sure." The other male laughs as he walks up to me, he pulls out a hand.

"Langris Vaude." He says, I shake his hand in reply.

"(Y/n), nice to meet you." I say as I shake his hand, we break apart and I face Yuno.

"Where did Asta go?" I ask him.

"He went up there." Yuno says as he shifts his gaze to the wall.

"Right... we should probably start rounding up the captives."I suggest as I look behind me, a bunch of knocked out Diamond people around the place.

After they manage the captives the Magic Knights head back into the Clover Kingdom.

I open the doors to my room and collapse on my bed, Revel flies out from my hood and goes into his small bed, to sleep more.

I get up and take a shower before flopping on my bed again. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

The next morning...

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" A voice from outside the my door calls me, I sit up drowsily and rub my eyes.

"Coming! Gimme a minute!"I yell as I put on my normal clothes I open the door as I grab my Crimson Lion's robe from my table.