Chapter 20

"I'd rather them take me than my family. I'd rather them hurt me, then the ones I care about.I'd rather die then have them taken, I'd take the pain to stop seeing them cry. I would...."

"You would do everything for them."

3rd PoV

(Y/n) had fainted and fallen down, Nozel picks her up birdal style and sighs.

Even Fuegoleon was defeated, who are the White Night's Demon Eyes? Terrorist? Maybe offenders of the Emperor?

Revel flies over to Nozel and circles around (Y/n) and sighs.

"She used too much magic in one day, this girl, how am I ever going to make her a suitable successor of God?"He mutters as he flies down to her waist and disappears as he enters her grimoire.

"Asta!They took Asta!"Noelle shouts in panic as the fact just registered her mind.

"Noelle, we can't, I'm sorry, but there's no way to locate their destination!"Klaus counters.

"Yes but-!"Nozel cuts off her protest.

"No.Right now our top priority is reinforcing the Capitals defenses. There's no grantee that those were the only enemies. We don't have the time or magic to spend on someone like him."Nozel states as a matter of factly.He looks over at Fuegoleon as (Y/n)'s flowers start to wither and die, the vines start to fly away like ashes.

"With my magic, first aid magic is the best I can do! He needs to be taken to the medical ward for more advanced healing! Or...or else he might...." Mimosa trails off.

"What could've done this to a Magic Knight Captain?" Klaus inquires in slight fear.

"Ppft! Some Captain, that's just pathetic!The house of Vermilion sure ain't what it used to be.Makes me embarrassed to be a royal." Solid muses as Nebra chuckles behind him.

"Solid!How could you say that?!" Noelle says in disbelief.

"We are Magic Knights! Unless we win, our existence is pointless." Nozel declares.

"Nozel...." Noelle breathes out in another disbelief tone.

"He's right! This is gonna trash the reputation of the Crimson Lion Kings too!"Solid's sadist voice is heard by his older brother.

"However, Solid. As we were not even present at the fight, we are less than he is. Strengthen the defenses so that the damage spreads no further."Nozel's demanding voice was enough to stop Solid and his banter, Solid starts to sweat at his elder brothers seriousness.

"Uh, right!" His trembling voice doesn't even frighten Noelle, this happens on a daily basis.

"He's right! They spread around magic that blocks transmission spells, and the Chain of Command is in chaos!Thanks to that, reinforcements from outside the Noble Realm failed to arrive! We can't let our guard down yet!"Alecdora exclaims trying to assemble everyone.

*****

Medic soon arrived and took Fuegoleon on a stretcher towards the Medical Ward.

"Master Nozel, would you like us to assist her?" A mage approaches Nozel in slight caution while gesturing towards (Y/n).Nozel looks down on her tear stained face.She looked at peace while she recovered her mana in slumber.

"M-master Nozel?"He speaks up hoping Nozel had heard him. Nozel looks up and answers.

"She's unconscious because of loss of mana. Take her to a place to rest." Another stretcher comes over and Nozel places her down on the white cloth and they took her away. He watches then as they take her to the medical ward.