LVIII. Dealing with Depression

Start from the beginning

"Don't reject who you are Liam because if you reject who you are then, of course, Vivian will do that same. Show her that you are still you all this time. Nothing changed. Except-"

"Except?"

"Except now, you have to show her you're a man, not a child."

"How?"

"Being a man can be quite difficult nowadays with all these equalities between man and woman. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. But, you need to learn how to separate when to support a woman and when she doesn't need it. It can go from the basic of - opening a car door for her. Most women like that. There are a few who still somehow find that offensive, and you should stay away from those nutso. To something more complex, like her career. Some woman likes it when their man intervene while others are completely hands-off."

I leaned in closer, attempting to decipher the words. It felt like Liam was speaking another language.

"Then, there is cooking. Oh God cooking! It like you just can't crack open a fucking can of beer and watch some tv after twelve hours of work nowadays. No, that's being fucking insensitive. You know what's insensitive? Not sensing that your man is tired from hearing, his boss noisy screams. But, apparently, it still sounds better than a baby scream! You want equality? Let me be a stay at home, dad! Of course, you can't do that because fucking pro-equality society still frowns upon men who aren't a provider. I can make you a goddamn sandwich after you work too!"

I stared at Lawson who was heaving deep breaths. "M-Maybe I'll go and talk about this to d-dad."

Lawson held his hand over mine. "No. No. I just got sidetrack. Let's talk," he laughed lowly.

I was getting concerned for Lawson.

After my lesson of how I'm going to get Vivian to fall in love with me; I had a headache. I wasn't sure if its because I'm getting ill from sleeping on the cold floor or because Lawson's tangents are making me sick.

Harper said Lawson's tangents aren't good for her health.

I exhaled and turned on the laptop. My fingers began tapping on the keyboard:

How to Cope with Rejection.

How to not Fall into Depression after Rejection.

How to Live even when you want to Die.

No matter how long - how much times - I research; all of the information I learned seems to grown in vain the moment I see Vivian.

I spin around in the chair, "Think Liam. Think."

The phone buzzed on my desk, and I smiled at the name. "Hello father."

"How are you, Liam?"

"Good. Thank you for asking."

Dad exhaled, "Liam, you need to stop it with a formality. We are family, not business partners."

"Yes, father."

"Glad you understand." His tone somehow sounded sarcastic. "How are things with Vivian?"

My body slides down the leather chair. "I believe we are going to go through with the divorce."

"Is there anything I can do to help Liam?"

"I appreciate everything mother and father had done for me; but if this is Vivian final decision. I hope you two would respect it. Don't intervene or break any contracts with the Blancs family."

"Understood."

"I would also appreciate it if I can tell mother myself."

"You should understand. Your mother doesn't take your...negative emotions well."