LVIII. Dealing with Depression

Comenzar desde el principio

"Now, that you actually know that Vivian didn't know you had autism. What do you want to do?"

I shrugged, scratching my head, "I don't know."

"Do you still like her?"

"I do like Vivian."

"Why do you like her when she's treating you like this?"

"Because...I just do. Vivian...is pretty and nice."

"So is a million other girls in the world," Lawson rebuttal. "Liam. You met so many girls in your life. Girls who are prettier, wealthier, more talented, and most likely nicer then Vivian. Why does she stand out to you among every other girl?"

I ponder at that question, "Vivian...How she cries is the prettiest."

Lawson stared at me, his mouth slack open slightly.

"And I like it how she bites her lower plump lip before she cries. No other girls can do that."

"So, you're telling me that innocent exterior is a mask for your sadist side?"

"I'm not sad. Well, a little bit."

Lawson exhaled, hanging his head down low. "Why do I have a feeling we are talking about completely different topics?"

"Are we not discussing my questionable emotions for Vivian?"

"Yes, let's get back to that," he straightens out himself.

"How do you know you love Harper?" I asked.

Lawson took a few blinks before his face broke out in a full fledge smile. "Because she makes my tummy all bubbly-"

"Maybe you have acid reflux."

Lawson glared at me, "She makes my heartbeat-"

"Well, that's what a heart is supposed to do."

"She makes it feel like the world isn't worth living without her."

"But, you had lived a world without Harper before."

Lawson flipped the remote on the table and stood up. "I don't know why I'm helping you when all you do is make fun of my emotions for Harper. Do you know how difficult it is for a man to express his emotions?"

"S-Sorry."

"If you're really sorry. You would tell your father, I like that new watch that just came out. The black one with the gold outlines."

"I will tell my father that."

Lawson nodded and sat back down. Sometimes, I feel like Lawson is after my family fortune. Just in small increments; not too much as it will expose him. Dad said he doesn't mind it. He likes Lawson as a companion. He also stated that only a foolish or sly person wouldn't use their friend's wealth and power to their benefits.

"I'm going to ask you one important question. After all this, do you still want Vivian to like you? Do you still want her to be your wife?"

"Yes."

Lawson nodded, "It's clear that Vivian doesn't like you for wealth or power since she is an heiress. Yes, both of your family are in the fashion industry, so two powerhouses combined does make it more...well powerful. However, the Blancs would've survived without the Everhart's and vice a versa. Vivian clearly like you because of your looks, a bit shallow but aren't we all. Now, the only bridge to cross over is her thoughts on you having autism."

I rubbed my arm, "She...She changed."

"Use it."

"What?"