LII. Talking Drinks

Start from the beginning

I look at Liam, who stared at me in return. Neither of us was answering the question. Amoli stayed quiet understanding it was not her position to talk about us.

The food was brought out; allowing me to dodge that question. It was hard for me to respond because I know there is a part of me that wanted us to be together; despite my intention to push that down.

But, why didn't Liam answer?

I nodded in approval of the sauce soaking steak. It was so good that I wanted to order another one and slip it into my purse than take it home.

When we finished dinner, Amoli proposed a walk around San Francisco. It was cold.

I held my arms around my body; feeling Liam's arm crashing against mine once in a while. My eyes moved upward to see Matt taking off his coat for Amoli. She smiled lightly at his action while their eyes melt together. Maybe, he did change.

I sneezed.

I look at Liam, who's hands are tucked inside his coat. His nose was red, and his teeth were chattering against each other. He took a sniff, and his ears turned red like someone had twisted it. He was in a worse condition than me.

The chances of him giving me his coat seem like an all-time low.

At that moment, I felt like giving my coat to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, remembering how Liam dislike going out when it's cold.

Previously, during our marriage, I had proposed going ice skating before, but Liam had always rejected it. Similar to playing in the snow or anything affiliated with the cold outdoors.

Now, I understand why.

He gets cold easily.

He huddles his head further into neck collar, "Yes."

I look forward to seeing Matt and Amoli at a reasonable distance enjoying the night view. There was a small drink shop across the street. "Do you want to go to-" before I can finish Liam dashed past me and huddle towards the store.

I couldn't help but laugh at his tactic.
It was cute. How fast he ran to gain warmth.

If I knew this side of him, I would've dragged his butt out into the snow.
Liam stopped and turned around, "You're too slow." His voice held no warmth rather anxiety. He grabbed my cold hand with his warm one and dragged me towards the cafe.

Once we were inside, we both exhaled at the warm. A young woman greeted us as we sat down inside the small cafe couch. We placed our orders, then watched the flat screen installed in front of us.

I look down, noticing our hands were still interlinked, which caused my blood to fasten. Neither of us moves as we sat there silently.

It was bothering me; how decent Liam had been behaving for the past few weeks.

"Hey," I said quietly, while some random commercial went on.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I didn't muster enough courage to look at him.

"For what?"

"For asking Mila and Earl to help me out." For unintentionally bringing in Claire. She may be there for a negative reason, but she is helpful. "For volunteering to be in my team when you didn't have to do it."

The young woman placed two warm cups of tea in front of us and smiled before leaving. I unraveled my hand from his and grabbed the warm cup; taking in its delicious delight. Liam was simply staring at his.

Ah, right. He doesn't consume public coffee or tea. It's interesting though, how he would drink wine - only red wine is what I noticed. He's very selective of his drinks.