Chapter 82

《MAXLYNN'S FIRST BIRTHDAY》

Mike's POV
We had passed our three year anniversary, and then both of us grew a year older, I was now 34 and Chester was 25. Max could say "dada" now and had started walking. Now it was time for another big day.

Her 1st birthday.

Her little party was bee themed, and we had invited both of our family's and some friends over for her big day.

-

"Mike, if you could help me with this banner that'd be great." Chester said as he struggled with the happy birthday banner. He was standing on a barstool and it was wobbling underneath him. "Baby, get down from there. Let me do it." I said as I waved him down. "Just keep the stool steady, so I can pin this up." He said. I sighed and held onto the stool like I was told to do. Then we moved to the other end of the banner and pinned that up too.

"Okay, so I'm gonna finish decorating and get Max and myself ready. You need to go down to the bakery and get her cake, then go to the pizza place and get the pizzas." He said. "Okay sounds good. I'll be back in a few love." I said, pulling him in for a hug and kissing his forehead. "Be safe. I love you." "I love you too."

I left after that and headed to the bakery.

"How can I help you?" The man at the front desk asked. He was probably in his late twenties or so. He was wearing a pink shirt with the logo of the bakery on the pocket and a navy apron over that. His name tag said, "Harvey" and he looked really nice.

"I need to pick up a cake for Shinoda." I said, taking off my sunglasses and sticking them in my shirt's front pocket. "Ah, we just finished it this morning." He left and came back a few minutes later with the cake. It was just a regular rectangular sheet cake. It was yellow with cute little bees flying all over it, and it said "Happy birthday, Max!" in cursive pink icing in the middle. It was so damn cute.

"I love it." I said with a smile, glancing up at the guy and back at the cake. "I'm glad you do. I hope your little girl does too." He said. "Oh she will. She loves anything sweet." I said with a little chuckle. The man laughed and nodded. "So how much is it? I better pay and get going. I've still gotta go get pizza and if I'm not back by a certain time, I know my husband will be calling asking where the heck I am." I said, pulling out my wallet. He laughed.

"Ugh husbands." He said with a playful eye roll. "I know right? So dramatic." I joked. We both laughed and he rang up the cake. "That'll be $32.88" He said. I gave him two twenties. He started to give me my change but I waved him off. "Just keep the change." I said. He smiled and put it in the tip jar on the counter. "Thank you. Have a nice day, and tell your daughter happy birthday for me." He said. "You have a nice day too, and I will. Thank you so much for the cake, it's beautiful. We'll definitely be back next year." I said. "Thank you."

I got the cake and took it out to the car, then I went and got the pizza. After that, I headed home. Chester had decorated the kitchen and living room in bee themed things and it was just so adorable. "Good job baby." I said when I walked through the house and found him. He smiled. "Thanks. Everyone is about to be here so go get ready." He said, shooing me towards the hallway. I started walking and noticed his outfit.

"You look nice." I said. He was wearing just a pastel yellow t-shirt with some light denim jeans and his converse, and he must've taken a shower because his curls were damp. He smiled again. "Thank you. I thought you could wear your yellow and black plaid shirt? You don't have to, but you know." He shrugged. "Yeah I'll wear it." I said. He smiled, nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Where's the birthday girl by the way?" I asked before heading up. "She is in her play pen napping. Look at her outfit though. She looks so beautiful." He said. I walked over and looked at her. She had on a yellow dress and Chester had put half of her hair up into a little pony tail on the top of her head with a little yellow bow. "Aw." I said. "Right?" Chester said. "She looks so cute. You're gonna have to teach me how to do her hair sometime." "It's not hard. I dunno why you struggle with it." He said, laughing. "I guess it helps that I had two sisters and Rosie around. I was always playing with their hair." I chuckled and nodded.