Chapter 17

Chester's POV
Even though I gave Mike my number, he didn't call or text me. Which is understandable I guess. I knew he was a busy man. I also knew that he was probably busy with his wedding and the holidays. It still kind of hurt though. I felt like we had something special and he couldn't even text me to see how I was. I would've tried contacting him, but I didn't have his number and he had closed his DMs on Twitter. He hadn't even been on social media at all. I slowly started thinking that he actually didn't like me, and was just trying to make me happy that day.

After Mike's time in Arizona ended, I was pushed back into reality. I was back spending time with my family and friends, I was still working at the music store and I was back doing school. With Mike, time seemed to slow down and it just felt perfect. Without Mike, time went by too fast for me. Before I knew it, it was already February.

One afternoon after school, I drove Ryan, Amir and I to the music shop to work like I always did. Ryan went to his spot behind the counter and Amir and I started to put up records and CDs that had came in.

As I was walking out of the backroom with a handful of records, my boss stopped me.

"Hey Chester?" He called. "Yeah?" I asked as I turned around. "Can you put these magazines up when you get the chance? These are the magazines that we were supposed to get a couple weeks ago, but got delayed." He said. I nodded. "Yeah let me put these away real quick and I'll put those up." I said. "Okay. Oh and this issue is about that Fort Major guy you like." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean Fort Minor?" "Oh yeah sorry." He said.

I chuckled to myself as I walked away to put up the records.

I wondered what this magazine was about. It probably just talked about Mike's wedding or maybe he was in the studio again.

I put up the records that I had in my hands and went and got the box of magazines from the back. I put the box on the counter where Ryan was. "Can you toss me the box cutter?" I asked Ryan. "You really want me to toss it to you?" He asked as he smirked and slid the blade out. I sighed. "Can you please gently place it in my hand?" I asked again. He laughed, slid the blade back down and handed it to me. I cut open the box and pulled out one of the magazines.

"SHINODA WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT OFF! RAPPER LEAVES FIANCÉE ON THEIR WEDDING DAY!" The headline read.

My eyes grew wide and I almost dropped the magazine on the floor. "Ryan..." I said. He looked up from the CD booklet he was reading. He pulled the magazine out of my hands and read the headline. "Oh wow..." He said. "I guess he does feel the same about you." He handed it back to me and I ran my hand through my blonde hair that I had just re-dyed.

"I fucking ruined his engagement Ryan... His fiancée must be so heart broken... I didn't want this to happen. I mean... I love him and I want to be with him, but I didn't ever want him to leave his fiancée on their fucking wedding day." I said. Ryan just nodded along with what I was saying.

He helped me put up the box of magazines on the racks and I went back to the counter to stand and read the article about Mike.

WHAT WENT WRONG WITH THE HOLLYWOOD SWEETHEARTS?

On January 5th of this year, Mike Shinoda (Rapper, Fort Minor), and long time girlfriend, and just recently last year fiancée, Anna Hillenger (Author), were supposed to get married. This date had been set for sevral months and everyone was excited to see the couple tie the knot.

Our reporters were outside of the church that they were to be wed in. Jason Shinoda, Mike's younger brother, announced an hour before the ceremony that the wedding was off. About twenty minutes later, a teary eyed Hillenger was seen leaving the area with Jason.