Chapter 22

That morning I woke up at around 8am. I needed to hurry up and get dressed, say my goodbyes, and get to LA before 3pm. I didn't want to leave, but Chester was right. It's my job, and I have to do what I have to do. I couldn't wait to just get home, do my job, and come back for Chester's birthday.

When I woke up, I sighed loudly and lazily rolled out of Chester's bed. I put on some random jeans and a shirt that were in my bag, and then woke up Chester by shaking him and saying his name.

"Chester? Hey, baby. Wake up. I gotta go in a few." I said. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me. I gave him a little smile. "Morning baby." "I love it when you call me that." He said in his still half asleep voice. Chester sat up and rubbed his eyes before putting on his glasses and looking at me again. He sighed. "What time is it?" He asked. "8:20. I have to leave in a few minutes." I said as I sat on the bed beside him.

Chester gave me a sad look and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you. I'm going to miss you like hell." He said. I wrapped my arms around him and held him. "I'm gonna miss you too Chester. I promise I'll call and text all the time this time." I said. "Our time away will go by fast. I know it will." He pulled back and looked at me.

Chester kissed me long and slowly before pulling back from me again. He looked at the clock on the wall. It was 8:30. "I guess you should go Mike. I don't want you to miss that meeting. Plus, I know that LA traffic sucks." He said. I nodded. "Yeah I guess so." I said. I got up and kissed him again.

"Bye love." I said. "Bye Mike. I love you." He said. "I love you too."

I gave him a long hug and then went out his door. I went through the house and saw that everyone was still asleep. It was a Tuesday which meant that they all had work and school. I guess they all decided not to go in.

I found a piece of paper in the kitchen and wrote a quick note to his parents to thank them for being so kind.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Bennington,
Thank you so much for making me feel so at home here. I had the best time. I can't wait until I get to come back. Also, thank you for being so supportive of mine and Chester's relationship. It means so much to me that you are happy for us.

I'll see you all in a few weeks.

-MS

I stuck it on the fridge with a magnet and then went out to my car. I started it up and headed for Los Angeles.

Chester's POV
I was bummed that Mike had to leave. It was so boring without him around and I felt alone. I just wanted him around all the time so that I could talk to him and have him hold me. At least it was only a few weeks until my birthday.

After he left, I figured that I'd better get up and out of bed and try not be a sad mess all day. I went downstairs to have some breakfast before I went and showed up two periods late to school. When I went to get the orange juice out of the ice box, I saw that there was a note hanging by a magnet.

It was a note from Mike telling my family thank you for everything. I smiled to myself as I read it. He was such a gentleman. I left it hanging so that my parents would see it, and then I proceeded to get my juice. After that, I made myself a bowl of cereal, and then got dressed. Then I made my way to the school.

By the time I got there, it was almost third period. I went in and everyone's eyes were on me. I took my seat beside Ryan and my teacher informed me real quick that I had lunch detention for the remaining three days of the week.

As I was trying to do my work, I relized that everyone's eyes were on me. I sighed a little and prayed for them to look away because if they kept staring then I was going to have an anxiety attack right then and there.