Chapter 21

We sat and just chatted until Ryan's dad finished cooking the food. It was great just talking and everyone getting to know eachother better. Till seemed like a great guy for Ryan. The way they looked at eachother made me so happy for them. I feel like Mike and I got closer by the end of our chat from learning so many new things about eachother.

After Ryan's dad finished the burgers, we all got up and got us a plate. We went in and sat at the table together and really just had a nice time.

"So Chester. How long have you and Mike been dating? It's been a week or so since I've seen you." Ryan's dad said. "Just since yesterday actually." I said. "Oh well good for you. I hope everything goes perfectly for you." He said. "Ryan's been with Till here for a few days and let me tell you, I haven't met a kid as nice as him in a while. We were really happy to welcome him into our family. It was a surprise when Ryan came out, but it hasn't changed the way I see my boy." He said as he reached over and ruffled Ryan's hair. Ryan just playfully pushed his hand away.

"That's good that you don't see him any differently. I came out a few years ago and my parents were shocked, but have been extremely supportive. I wish more parents would be like that." I said. "Me too. I think the more supportive parents are of their kids sexualities then the better it is for everyone." He said. "I completely agree." I said.

"What was it like when you came out, Mike?" His dad asked. Mike sighed a little and took a drink of his coke. "Well... I haven't came out to anyone except my brother, my friend Brad and my ex fiancée. They all took it well, but I haven't came out to anyone else yet. I know that my parents will probably support me, but I've just been waiting for the right moment." He said. Everyone nodded.

"Ex fiancée? Was being gay the reason you two broke up?" He asked. "I'm bisexual actually, but no. She was fine with it, but the reason we broke up was because I couldn't deny that I felt something for someone else. I couldn't go through with the wedding knowing I had feelings for someone else." He said as he glanced over at me with a little smile. "Well it's a good thing you didn't go through with the wedding." He said. Mike nodded and kept looking at me with a little smile. "Yeah. Yeah it was." He said.

Mike looked away and started eating the rest of his food after that. After we finished our food, Rosie dragged me up to her room.

"It's my bedtime, Chester. I want you to sing to me." She said as she got in bed. "What do you want me to sing?" I asked. "Unicorns and Lollipops. Duh." She said. I sighed a little and looked back at Mike. I really didn't want the first time he heard me sing to be a stupid song that I had written in like two minutes. "Come on, Rosie. Something else." I said. She crossed her arms and pouted. "Come on Chester. I wanna hear you sing." Mike said. "Mike, I really don't want the first time you hear me sing to be like this." I said. He just laughed. "Sing something else then." He said. "Okay." I said. "I'm gonna sing you a new song that I've been working on Rosie. We'll save Unicorns and Lollipops for another day, okay?" "Fine." She said with another pout.

"Hold on and let me get bubba's guitar." I said. I went to Ryan's room and grabbed his black and white Stratocaster that he had just bought. "Hey come back with that! You didn't even ask to touch my baby!" He yelled as I walked out of his room with it. "I'll only have it for like two minutes Ryan. Calm down."

I got back to Rosie's room and sat on the edge of her bed with the guitar. "You can play guitar too?" Mike asked. "A little. Ryan's trying to teach me, but I'm not very good right now." I said. "Okay Rosie. I just wrote this song like four days ago and I haven't shown it to anyone, so you can't tell bubba about it yet. I want to suprise him and Amir with it when we all hang out again. Okay?" I said. "Okay." She said as she scooted closer.

"It's called Let Down." I said before I started strumming. I closed my eyes and started singing softly. Before I knew it the song was over and I stopped playing. I looked up and Rosie was looking at me with a big smile on her face. "That was pretty Chazy!" She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I laughed. "Thank you. Now you better get some sleep." I said as I got up and kissed her forehead. "Good night." She said as she got in bed and covered up. "Night Rosie." I said.