Chapter 8

Mike's POV
I went back to the house after my talk with Brad. I needed to tell Anna that I liked guys, but was happy with her. If she accepted that, then great, and if she didn't, then we were done.

Simple.

I walked in and went through the house. She was still locked in our room.

"Anna?" I said. "Please leave." She said quietly. "No. We need to talk." I said. "Please open the door." It was quiet for a few minutes until I heard her steps towards the door. It unlocked and I pushed it open. She walked to the bed and sat down. I followed her in and sat beside her.

"I'm going to tell you the truth and something about me that you may not like." I said. "Just promise me you won't storm off and we actually talk through this unlike earlier." She swallowed nervously and nodded.

"I-I'm bisexual Anna." I said. She took a deep breath and looked away. "And yeah, the kid's cute, but I want to marry you, Anna."

She didn't say anything for a while. "You're mad aren't you?"  I asked. She shook her head. "No. I can't be mad at you for who you are. I'm sorry for accusing you earlier and being so dramatic. I love you and I'm glad you told me this. I just wish you would've told me sooner..." She said. "Well I just kind of realized it today. I mean... It's definitely always been there, but I didn't know I actually was until today when I really thought about it." I said. She nodded.

"So... do you still wanna marry me?" I asked. "Of course... I'm just afraid I won't be able to give you what you want, ya know? I mean... if you're into guys then you're bound to want to try something with a guy at some point or feel like what it would be like to be with a guy, right?" She asked. I just shrugged. "I-I don't know... I would like to see what it would be like to be with a guy, but I want to marry you." I said. She just nodded unconvincingly. "Okay." She said.

We ordered a pizza that night and stayed up snuggling and watching old 80s movies. Anna fell asleep on my shoulder half way through Pretty In Pink.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't because I was thinking of, guess who, Chester.

I pulled out my laptop after awhile and went to Twitter. I had just made a Twitter account because all of the fans at the shows had been telling me to. I didn't use it much, but I decided to use it that night to see if Chester had one.

If he had one then surely he was following me so I went to my thousands of followers and tried to spot anyone with the name Chester.

I had almost given up, but then I saw a handle that said ChesterBe and had him in the picture. I smiled and clicked on him.

His profile picture was a picture of him and two other guys. One guy had black hair and the other had black with blonde streaks in it. Chester was in the middle of them, had his arms slug around them with a beer bottle in one hand and a lighter in the other. He had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. His profile picture was the typical edgy teen profile picture, but I liked it.

I scrolled down to look at his tweets.

1 day ago: Really bored. Anyone wanna hang?

Yes. Yes I want to hang.

March 30: Post concert depression. *sigh*

March 21: I just met @ mikeshinoda and he is the sweetest man on earth omg. He's too good for this world.

Aw

March 20: omg my parents actually got me tickets to see Fort Minor tonight for my birthday!

March 18: The only thing I want for my birthday is Mike Shinoda tbh.

February 28: Let's talk about how attractive Mike Shinoda is.

I stopped scrolling and smiled. So he thought I was attractive? Knowing that he actually liked me back like that was going to make things harder for me.

I could literally just break up with Anna, go to Arizona, and tell the kid I liked him and wanted to be with him.

Okay Mike. Slow the fuck down. You love Anna and are engaged and have been dating for 6 years. The kid is only 17 and you literally talked to him for only 10 minutes.

I followed him back without thinking twice and put my laptop away. I slid down in bed and pulled Anna down with me.