Chapter 46

Chester's POV
The morning after the weird incident with Mike, I decided that I was actually going to go shopping that day. Also I was going to take Ryan with me because Mike was right. I wouldn't stand up for myself if someone said or did anything to me. I had to keep reminding myself that that didn't mean I was weak.

That morning, I got up, got dressed, and then woke Mike up to tell him where I was going.

"Mike?" I said as I shook him a little. "Hmm?" He hummed as he stretched and opened his eyes. "I'm going shopping and you don't have to worry because Ryan's coming with me. I'll probably be home a bit after lunch." I said. He smiled a little and put his hand to my cheek. "Okay, my love." He said. "Be safe, and you can take my car if you wanna. Oh, and I'm going to get a Christmas tree today. We can decorate it when you get back." I smiled. "Okay. I love you." "I love you too." I gave him a little peck on the lips, said bye and went downstairs. I grabbed his keys and went out to his car.

I was scared to drive it, but I had secretly been wanting to ever since I had seen it. I got in, started it up, took a deep breath and backed out to go to Ryan's house. It drove so smoothly on the road and I never wanted to drive my junky car ever again. I got to Ryan's house and he was waiting on the porch for me. When I pulled up he walked over and got in the passenger seat.

"Hell. Yeah." He said as he looked over the inside. I chuckled. "I know right? I'd love to have my own like this." I said. "Me too. Anyway, where do you wanna go?" He asked. I shrugged. "Let's just go to the mall. Surely I'll be able to find some good things for him." Ryan nodded.

We went to the mall and went to some random store that we came up to first. "Look. Flannels. He'll love that." Ryan said as he held up some flannel shirts. "I already bought him four flannel shirts." I said with a sigh. "So? Buy him more." I chuckled. "You should see is closet. The amount of flannel shirts he has is more than the amount of clothes I have in my entire wardrobe. Not even kidding." I said. Ryan put the shirts back and we kept looking.

"Get him a new wallet. I've seen the one he has now and it's worn out and tearing." Ryan said. I shrugged. "I think I remember him saying once that his wallet was given to him by his aunt before she passed away. I'm kinda afraid to get him another one because the old one has so much meaning." I said. "Okay well you can just buy it and if he doesn't want it, he can bring it back." "Yeah I guess so. Which one should I get?" I asked. "I don't know. You know him better than I do." I sighed.

"Why is shopping for a guy so fucking hard? Like with a girl you can always by her a cute necklace or bracelet with her name on it and she'll love it, but obviously Mike's not into those things." I said as I looked at the wallets. "Honestly what do you know about girls?" Ryan asked as he tried on some sunglasses.

"I used to live with three girls remember?" I said. "Oh true. Do these look good on me?" Ryan asked as he turned toward me. "Do I need to remind you why we are here? And yes they look good." I said. He laughed and put them back.

"Look just get him whatever and if he doesn't like it he can bring his ass back up here and return it." Ryan said. I sighed. "I don't want him to have to return anything. I want him to actually like it." I said as I started walking away from the wallets and sunglasses.

I started looking at the jeans to see if I could find any Mike would like. "What about these?" I asked as I held up some light denim jeans. "I mean, they look like all of the other jeans he wears, so I guess?" He said. "Okay. I'll get these, and I guess I'll go back over and find him a wallet. You're right, if he doesn't like it he can bring it back, get the money and buy something else." I said. Ryan nodded.

I bought the jeans and a leather wallet, then we left that store and went to another. "Have you already bought Till presents?" I asked as we were walking into another store. "Yeah. We're having our Christmas a week before the actual day because he's going back to Germany and my parents want me home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day." "Ah." "Are you going back home for Christmas?" He asked. I shook my head.