Chapter 31

Chester's POV
"Oh shit. I told Ryan I'd call him when I made it here." I said as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "Okay. You call him and I'm gonna get our bags and bring them up." He said. I nodded and called Ryan.

"Oh my God. Could it really be? The Mike Shinoda's boyfriend is calling me?" Ryan said when I answered. I laughed. "Hey Ryan. I made it to LA and let me just say that this is the most amazing place. I can't wait to graduate and move here." "I bet. How big is Mike's house? Is it as sexy as his car?" He asked. I laughed again. "It's about as big as my house and yours combined. Probably bigger honestly." I said.

"Nice. Oh guess what?" He said. "What?" I asked. "Carter didn't press charges and River is back home and is starting college this fall which is good and-" "How's Rosie?" I asked cutting him off. "I was getting to that. Jesus Ches. Anyway, Rosie is perfectly fine now. She's been in my room bugging the hell out of me the entire day. Whatever she had must've just been a one day thing. I think your singing cured her last night." He said. I laughed. "Aw I love her."

"Me too. Anyway I'll let you go. Amir and I are taking Rosie with us to see a movie which will be interesting because Rosie can't keep her mouth shut for two seconds." He said with a little laugh. "I swear if anyone says a word to my baby sister tonight, I will fuck them up right there in the theater." I laughed. "Overprotective much?" "Damn right I am." I chuckled. "Alright well I'll call you the next time I get a chance." I said. "Okay. Tell Mike that I said to keep an eye on you and to keep you safe, or the next headline he's in will say "Mike Shinoda Beaten Up By Some Dude From Arizona." "Okay I'll tell him. Bye Ryan." "Bye Chester." I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket.

About that time, Mike walked in with our things. "Ryan wanted me to let you know that if you didn't keep me safe that he was going to beat you up." I said. Mike laughed. "Tell him not to worry. I would never put you in danger. Especially when you have a tall scary friend like him." "You think he's scary?" "A little. He's nice, but sometimes I wonder what he's capable of." I just laughed and shook my head.

"Come on. I'm gonna cook some food for you, me and my friends out on the grill. They'll be over in a few." He said. I nodded and he led me back downstairs to outside. He seasoned some meat and put it on the grill. "I love me a man who cooks for me." I said as I sat and watched in one of his cast iron patio chairs. "Yeah?" He said as he turned to look at me. "Yeah because I can't cook. One of us has to be able to cook in the relationship so we don't starve to death." I said. "Wow. That got dark really fast." He said with a little chuckle. "I mean, am I wrong though?" I asked. "Well I guess not, but I don't wanna think about us starving to death, Jesus." He said. I just laughed.

"What are your friends like?" I asked. "Well... they're all extremely different from eachother. There's Brad who's my best friend and has been since like 8th grade. He's the only one who might be hesitant about you because he was also really good friends with Anna. There's Rob, who's the quiet, kind of shy one. He's a really tall guy who might seem intimidating, like Ryan, but he's a sweetheart. There's Dave, or you can call him Phoenix, which is his nickname. He's really kind and caring. He likes to tell really cheesy jokes. Then last, but not least, is Joe. I met him in art school. He's also really nice and he's very talented. You love them." He said. I nodded.

Right after that, Mike's phone rang. "Hey." He said when he picked it up. "Yeah just come on in. We're out back." He hung up and looked at me. "Robbie's here." He said. A minute or so later, a tall man, probably younger than Mike, with shoulder length hair walked through the back door.

"Hey Mike." Rob said. "Hey Bourdie. This is my boyfriend Chester." Mike said. I got up and held out my hand for Rob to shake. "Nice to meet you." He said with a kind smile. "Nice to meet you too." I sat back down and he sat in a chair around the glass table with me.