Chapter 44

I do not own pic!

"Hi...", he smiled slightly noticing the happiness in your eyes as you saw him.
"Hello Itachi, I thought I was a bit early", you said smiling back at him and looking at his eyes, you were then gently pulled into a warm hug by him that you returned pleasantly, closing your eyes and wrapping your arms around his torso as he placed his arms around your waist.
He smiled looking down at you, feeling you pulling him closer with no fear, when was the last time he have been hugged?

You pulled back after a while still smiling then said:"I got your letter this morning from the crow"

"I hope I didn't disturb your sleep", he said, placing his hand on your cheek.

"No, I was happy that I was gonna see you again", you said with a small blush, looking at his hand then his face, happy to see him? He felt a beautiful feeling in his heart hearing this...
The moment was interrupted as a crow had came to you two, landing on Itachi's forearm, you gasped slightly then smiled noticing it was the same crow from this morning.
"So that's a messenger?", you asked patting the bird's head with a your fingers gently, as it just watched you calmly. Itachi smiled at you then said:"you can say that, he is a good boy".
"He? How can you tell?", you asked slightly raising an eyebrow as you looked at Itachi.
"Well, a boy is slightly larger than a female", Itachi replied looking at the crow on his forearm as the bird then flight away.
"Now, let's find somewhere to sit in", he said, taking your hand in his then started to walk, apparently heading to the same spot under the tree near the lake. It was a calm and peaceful place, surrounded by lots of trees and bushes, rarely visited by anyone since it's distant, a good point for secret meetings...

You sat down beside him as usual, taking a little rest from your walk and watching the clouds crossing the blue sky slowly.
"The weather is colder today...", you muttered feeling the breeze blowing gently, making some goosebumps appear on yout skin under the fabric of your kimono.
"There is a storm on the way here, the direction of the wind has changed, and so the direction of the clouds", he said looking up at the sky too.
"You're right...but I guess it's still far from here", you said, as he replied with a nod and said:"yes, it will arrive at evening maybe".
"Well, let's eat now, I'm hungry!", you said with a grin, bringing out the food you have brought with you.
"Since I knew we would have lunch here, I also got us something to eat", Itachi said with a gentle smile putting the bag of food he brought with him with yours, your eyes widened as you giggled then said:"then let's share!"

"Yes but...there is something else...", you blinked watching him taking something from inside his cloak, soon he pulled up, a large pomegranate.
"A pomegranate?! Really?", you took it from him looking at it with surprise as he nodded, seriously?
"They are not in season yet, and they are quite rare here, where did you get it from Itachi?", you asked looking at the big sized red fruit with wide eyes.

"Well, I have my own ways...I got it for you, [name]", he said, smiling noticing how happy you looked, it was a small gift for being nice to him and caring.

"Thank you...Itachi", you subconsciously hugged him again, he gasped at first but then ended up hugging you back.
"But, it won't taste all that good if I eat it all by myself, I wanna share it with you Itachi", you said with a grin once you pulled back from the hug, while Itachi smiled slightly then said:"I'm not gonna refuse such an offer", you giggled a bit at his honest answer then nodded and said:"we will first eat lunch".

You have been eating together enjoying the calm and serene place.

"[Name]", you looked at him to see him holding a piece of grilled fish in his chopsticks, "eat this, you are not eating any fish", he said holding the food in front of your mouth, as you blinked and blushed, you slowly opened your mouth and ate it muttering a thank you, as he just took another bite and ate it.
He was surprised at himself, why is he being like this? He never thought he still have that side in him, why is he trying to take this relationship to a higher level this fast? He wants to get closer to you, even though he knows very well it's better for the two of you to separate ways and never see each other again, he finds himself trying to impress you, to show how nice and good he is, he has been the bad guy for years, now that he is with you all of that just disappears and all he wants to pass a good and normal time with you, like any other couple, you make him wants to be himself with you.

"Itachi?", he looked at you seeing you smile at him with a slight worry in your eyes, "are you okay?", you asked noticing him zoning away as he stopped eating.
"Yes, nothing to worry about [name], I was just thinking of something...", he muttered as he continued to eat as you nodded, feeling that he could be hiding something from you.

Lunch is over, Itachi was as quite as usual watching the lake, while you held the pomegranate in your hands and admired its beautiful look, it seems tasty.
"Itachi, let's eat this", you said causing him to look at you smiling.
"Let me open it", he said as you handed him the fruit, he took a kunai then cut a rounded cut around the end-flower, pulled it away then cut the thick skin of the pomegranate along the ridges down the bottom of it.
"Here...", he held it opened in front of you looking like a flower.
"Ah! Thanks! Let's eat!", you giggled, taking a portion and starting to take the red arils that looked like red gemstones and eating them, Itachi did the same, it would have been better if you has a bowel and a spoon, but even this is good.

It was evening, time to head back. The sky has been cloudy as you could hear a far sound of thunder, you were already on your way back to your village with Itachi when drops of rain started falling then soon it started raining.
"No! I always forget the umbrella when I need it!!", you whined in disappointment, regretting not passing by your house and bringing the umbrella before coming to see Itachi. You quickly felt something on your head, Itachi had already took off his cloak and covered the two of you with it, shading you from the rain.

"We should hurry!", he said taking your hand and starting to run, while holding the cloak with his other hand as you did the same, in the middle of that situation, rain and cold and mud you felt a need to laugh, you giggled at the ridiculous look of the two of you, making Itachi look at you while running, then he chuckled as well.

You were at the entrance of your village, the rain wasn't as hard as before but it was still falling, and it was getting dark.
"Okay [name], you go and head straight to your house quickly", he said as the two of you stood under a tree near the entrance of the village, with the cloak still converging the two of you.
"Yes, but what's about you Itachi?", you asked, worried about him.
"I will go to the inn in your village, but you go ahead first", he said, he didn't want people to see you together, it might cause you troubles.
"You can't, it's closed for maintenance", you said, feeling more worried about him.
"That's okay, I will find some shelter to spend the night in, now don't worry and hurry", he said calmly, as you just frowned, "how am I supposed not to worry?!", you said sternly as he just blinked and looked at your face, worried...about him.
"Itachi listen", he looked at you as you looked serious, "you will spend the night in my house, okay?", you said in a serious voice, as he looked you with confusion.
"That's impossible [name], I don't want to cause you any troubles with lady Noriko, forget it [name]", he said, in a low and sad voice, he is grateful for your concern, but he can't put you in that situation.
"There won't be a trouble of she doesn't know", you said with a small smirk, causing him to narrow his eyes, what are you thinking?
"I will leave the window of my room open, you know what to do Itachi", you said, placing a hand on his cheek, as he looked at it then back at you.
"[name]..."
"Itachi I can't let you stay in the outside or leave you looking for a place to spend the night in, the storm will get worst at night, my room is upstairs and Noriko's in the first floor, she won't find out, and you will take a good rest, okay?", he nodded after a while of thinking, he couldn't possibly refuse your offer, not when you are this concerned about him.
"Alright, but for now you head back home, I will go to a café now and stay there for a while", he said with a nod and smile, as your face lightened up while you smiled back.
He walked with you to the entrance of the village, as you run inside quickly walking under the shaded places so you don't get even more wet, as he then soon followed after you and headed to his destination.