Kidnapping

Saki Mitsurashi was a sweet young girl entering her first year of high school. She smiled at everything around her, knowing that she had everything she needed to be happy. Turning her head to look at Arashi, who was living with her at the time, her lengthy blue hair swayed a bit. She wrapped her arms around the boy, hugging him tightly.

He gave her a look of annoyance, then sighed, expecting as much from her. She would often act affectionate towards her friends, what few she had. The reason for this was because of her family. Her father had divorced her mother when she was only seven. Her mother was left with the deed to her father's estate as Itzumo Mitsurashi set off on his way as a military officer.

Now in possession of several billion dollars, Saki's family had become rich. Her mother, Mizuko, had no use for the some 4.5 billion dollars she had obtained from her now ex-husband, yet she was unwilling to part with it.

Her mother cried for months. Young Saki would often walk into her mother's room, which lingered with the smell of alcohol and cigarettes, and ask her mother questions.

Mommy, what's that smell? Take a shower!” she would say with innocence in her eyes. She would never know that the smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke wasn't a natural scent to a human.

Mommy, why are you crying?” she would ask sometimes. “Mommy, where's daddy?

After her ninth birthday, she began to show resent to her mother.

Mommy, daddy didn't come to my birthday party again. Why isn't he here, mommy?”

She would not respond to her daughter's words.

After she turned ten, Saki finally began to catch on to things. “Mom, is daddy dead?” Saki would ask.

Eventually her mother responded, “I don't know, Saki.

She began to watch her window every night, often staying awake for hours on end in anticipation of her father's return. One night she received a note from an anonymous benefactor that requested she go to the fountain in Malway's town square. She listened to the request of the note's sender.

A moment passed when Saki arrived in the square, and a group of men surrounded her. Each one wore rugged clothing, and had large body masses. Then there was one man who stood out among them, who had a scar on his bald head.

You smell funny,” Saki had said to the man. He had laughed in response. His men grabbed Saki from behind and taped her mouth shut. She squirmed, trying to break free from the men.

With dis' girl here, we sure to get Itzumo's fortune!” the group's leader, Cal Romano, had said cockily.

Romano had composed a ransom note to Saki's mother, but for weeks on end, there was no response. Romano began to worry if he had addressed the right person.

After about two months, in the winter of 2075, an answer was received...