Chapter 12 - SELENA

Start from the beginning

"So Rae, tell me about yourself." Selena asked.

"I thought you know all things and my name too, so you should know everything about me since you said my name correctly." Rae said facing the lady, up this close, words couldn't describe the mermaid beauty.

Selena turned to regard her slowly.

"You're very intelligent and outspoken, just like her." Selena said sadly.

"Just like who?" Rae asked.

"My daughter, she is just like you." Selena answered with a smile.

"You have a daughter?" Rae asked surprised, which means there are two mermaids and not one.

"Yes, she looks just like your inner soul." Selena answered with a smile.

"What's her name, can I know her?" Rae asked.

"Her name is Avonmora." Selena replied.

"What!? Don't tell me the Avonmora you just mentioned, is the one who was once the queen of the Mermaids?" Rae asked with a raise eyebrows.

"She is the one, but I am afraid I couldn't save her." Selena said with a sad tone.

"Wow, you look younger but seriously speaking, you're old." Rae said and out of curiosity, she wants to know more about Selena.

"Why would you say I am old?" Selena asked smiling.

Leaning closer to Selena's ears, "I will tell you why I said that, if you will in return, tell me about yourself."

"Oh I see, no problem. You have my word." Selena promised.

"Good. The reason why I had called you old is that you are a grandmother. I promised not to tell anyone, but I was told Avonmora has a daughter who is out there somewhere, hiding." Rae whispered.

Selena smile, she knew but decided to play along. "Really?"

"Yeah, but do not tell anyone about what I just told you." Rae said with a serious face.

"Rae, I won't tell anyone what you told me, I give you my word." Selena promised.

"Good, so since I have told you that you have a granddaughter, go and look for her and hid her with you, because you both are the last mermaids."

"I will do that Rae." Selena said with a smile.

"Now, fulfil your own bargain." Rae said with her arms crossed. "It's your turn."

"Sure. My name is Selena, one of the seven goddesses of the Sea Nile. That's all you need to know about m-." Selena said and suddenly look up at the sky.

Rae also followed but saw nothing. "What is it?"

"There is not much time Rae, mermaids are known as healers, we cure and save lives no matter how tough the wounds and illness are, we don't use our gifted powers for evil. You will have to do something for me before I leave." Selena said when she stared back at Rae.

"What do you want me to do for you granny?" Rae felt glad calling her 'granny', she wants to remind the beautiful mermaid that she was a grandmother.

"I can't leave here, I am far away from this world." Selena said. "Someone need our help urgently, she is very sick Rae. You have to find out who the sick lady is and heal her from your touch." Selena added.

"Heal her with my touch, how? I am not a mermaid, even we witches aren't as strong as you guys when it comes to healing, I read that in history books." Rae said with disbelief eyes.