chapter 43

Ace and the rest of the gang plus Sierra and Lilly sat on my side behind me. Joe, the lawyer whose name is Josh and I sat on the table in front of the jury's table. Dave sat on the other side of the table wearing orange and handcuffs with all his lawyers.

Before the court began Ace and Sierra gave me a hug. And told me that they're going to be by my side every step of the way.

A man entered the room saying "all rise" I stood up like everyone in the courtroom. The judge entered the room wearing that black robe and a pair of glasses. And as I expected he already knew what the case is.

After a good 20 minutes of speaking it was my turn that Josh asks me the questions, they asked him. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you, God?" A man came with a bible. I put my hand on the bible and said. "I swear I will tell all the truth."

"When did the abuse begin?" Josh asked me. "when I was 13 after the death of my mom with a couple of months". "did he give you any mercy while you were staying at your house?" He asked me. "objection your honor," one of Dave's lawyers said. "Denied," the jury said. "no, he never showed any mercy" "did he ever abuse you mentally? Or just physically?" Josh asked. "he abused me also mentally." I said. "what did he do?" "objection your honor." Another lawyer of Dave's said. "denied" The jury said looking at me. "he kept saying stuff like, you can never be loved, you're a freak that falls to the ground and every person that befriends you it's just out of pity he also said that I was fat and kept cursing on me and craved curse word on my skin." I said. "what do you mean by a freak?" He asked. "I have epilepsy" "and who pays you your doctor appointments?" "I kept working a lot to raise money for an operation and doctor appointments." I finished. "no further questions your honor," Josh said.

It was the time that one of Dave's lawyers asked me questions. "as my client said did you or did you not kill your parents?" The lawyer asked me. "objection your honor" Josh said getting up. "denied" the jury looked at me waiting for an answer. "of course I did not kill my parents. My father died in a car crash and my mom died because she had cancer. How could you say that?" I said my voice rising and my eyes getting filled with tears.

I was in my previous seat next to Joe and Josh. When Dave's lawyer got up and decided to get on my nerves. "my client is innocent your honor except if she has any proof that he has done anything of what she said because it sounds like a made-up story." Dave's lawyer said chuckling. I decided to speak knowing it might be wrong to speak without any rights. I raised my hand and the jury nodded. "your honor I know I don't have the right to speak but can I say something?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded. I smiled "your honor I have some evidence to prove that he's an abuser and a hypocrite." I said and looked at the judge. The lawyers and Dave looked at me with wide eyes. "continue ms. Walter" "I have it all recorded on this recorder," I said raising the recorder "and I know the next proof isn't really proof but I have his beatings, bruises, and scars all over my body." I finished. "could you bring me the recorded evidence?" He asked and I went and gave it to him. "the recorded evidence is gonna be heard from me and bruises and scars on ms. Walter's body is going to be analyzed during the next 15 minutes and we'll continue court." He said and hit his gavel twice and got out of the courtroom. A woman came and made me stand up to go somewhere where she can analyze my scars. I looked back at Ace and he nodded telling me everything is gonna be okay. I nodded and gave him half a smile and went with the lady in a small room.

"where are the bruises and scars dear?" She asked me. I took off my shirt and lowered my pants so that everything is visible. "did he do all of these?" I nodded. She touched all my bruises carefully to see if they're made up. She also touched the curse words that were craved on my body. She touched the skin of my inflamed broken rib. I also showed her the bruise that he gave me on the day Ace and I went to get my stuff from my house. "put your shirt on sweetheart" she told me with a pity look on her face. I nodded and did as ordered. "are there any more?" She asked me. I nodded and raised my pants. She was silent for a while. "ok that's it, thank you" she said and lead me to the courtroom again.

I entered the courtroom being followed by the woman that examined me and saw that the judge started again. Turns out that her name is Suzan Parker. "please sit down" the judge told me. "thank your honor". I did as told. "Mrs. Parker, can you step up please?" The judge said and Suzan came and stood in front of the judge. "what did you find on ms. Walter's body?" "your honor on the arms, stomach, and back I found a lot of injuries. There were new ones and old ones. Her body was full of bruises as she said. She had curse words craved in her body. She has a broken rib and it's swollen. She has a bruise on her torso that's new. Her legs were bruised and there is a few stitches in her legs." She finished.

The judge nodded and continued. "ms. Walter, can you stand up?" I stood up. "how did you record this. And where did you get this gun?" "your honor I found the gun hidden in a gap on the floor of Dave's bedroom. Yesterday I really wanted to end the torturing for me. I went to my house and got recorded the full accident while he was hurting me physically and mentally so that I have proof." I said. "why didn't you call the cops before?" He asked me. "I did your honor. But as you already know Dave is working as a cop. And when I did call them, he had helped to destroy the call and the case by one of his friends." I finished.

After a few minutes of silence, the judge decided to speak again. "As jurors, you are not to be swayed by sympathy, Mr. Dave is going to be sentenced 6 years for being a dirty cop and another 10 years for abusing a child physically and another 7 years for abusing a child mentally. And another 5 years for discrimination and a racist behavior a child because she has a disability and not helping her for medication and doctor appointments. You also have to pay ms. Walter 10000 dollars for all these past few years. So that makes it 28 years and 10000 dollars for ms. Walter" The judge hits on his table with his gavel a couple of times and leaves the room. Two men come and take Dave. "you bitch," Dave said and tries to come and hit me but the guards hold him and take him and get him out of the room.

I look behind me and run to Ace and hug him. He hugs me so close and carries me while hugging turning me around in a circle. He releases me and Sierra hugs me and Lilly hugs me from my legs. When I was released the gang hugs me too tight.

We were out of the court and I saw Joe. "Joe" I shouted. He turned around and I hugged him. "thank you so so so much," I said smiling. "no problem kiddo." He said and went to his car and drove away.