chapter 24

Ella POV

"I guess the prom queen is too afraid to come and compete today," Rachel said to all the people that were here today. I entered and said, "actually I came am here." I entered and saw approximately 250 people sitting on the benches and the rest were sitting on the floor. The DJ who is also Grayson came to begin the battle. "ok since everyone is here and the two contestants are he we are gonna begin the battle but first there are some changes" I raised an eyebrow while Rachel smirked. Rachel took the microphone "ok the voting is gonna be made by the people watching us. And there is an extra thing. In the end, every one of us is gonna sing a song. And the one with more votes is gonna take the crown." She finished. "what the hell? You can't make new rules up." I said "yes I can," she said. "Ella" I heard someone shouting my name from behind me. I turned around and saw the gang nodding their heads. I turned my heard to Rachel. "fine" I said causing everyone in the hall to cheer.

"Can we choose our own songs?"  I asked, "nope the crowd already chose the songs and the DJ is gonna choose who begins first."

To shorten up what happened in the dance battle there were 10 songs. I actually got most of the dirty songs. Every one of us danced a song then the other one the one after. So we went with that strategy. She danced I can't get enough, started, kill this love, better now and old town road. While I danced to please me, señorita, Tatiana, I like it and Taki Taki. Once we finished dancing everyone started clapping and cheering. "wait we haven't sung yet" Rachel said really fast. "I wasn't going anywhere I just wanted to get water," I said pointing at the water on the bench.

"ok to the next category," Rachel said. "ok can we choose the song we will sing?" I asked. "no" I groaned. "The DJ put a list of songs and the crowd will choose the song that each of us is gonna sing" she answered. "ok" I answered simply. "well the list's contents are..." Grayson stopped looking at his laptop "the list's contents are, at last, killing me softly, Ending, Can't take my eyes off you, stone-cold, love me tender and I love you, baby. So let the voting begin" he finished.

After a good 3 minutes the voting was done. "ok let's begin with Rachel, you're gonna sing killing me softly" Grayson announced. "what the hell? no... the song doesn't have any beat in it" Rachel said half shouting. "you can do it Rachel" one of her minions told her. "hell yeah. I know I can do it." Rachel said. "begin when you're ready." Grayson said. "I am born ready, begin the song when you're ready," Rachel said flipping her hair.

"I heard he sang a good song,

I heard he had a style

And so I came to see him, and listen for a while

And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his words

Killing me softly with his song

Telling my whole life with his words

Killing me softly, with his song

I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd

I felt he found my letters, and read each one out loud

I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his words

Killing me softly with his song