chapter 21

I woke up today by someone talking and typing on the phone. I looked to see who it was and of course, I saw Car and Nic. I turned around and saw Ace. Then I remember that we were watching a movie last night we fell asleep cuddling on the couch. I shoed Nic and Car to not wake up Ace.

The girls and I were in the kitchen making coffee. "what are you doing here at 10:30 in the morning?" I asked them. "ok first of all rude much. 2) HOCO is today and it starts at 6:00 pm. 3) we didn't see your dress. 4) Ace has to go to his house because the boys are waiting for him there and they have to get the corsages. 5) we have to get the boutonnière. 6) the boys are coming to get us from her at 5:30. 7) we have to get our makeup, hair, and dresses done before that. And 8) well there is no eight." Nic said without any interruption. "shit I forgot that today was the HOCO" I said.

After breakfast, the girls went upstairs and I went to wake up Ace. "Ace you have to go to your house the boys are waiting for you there." He didn't bother waking up. After about 5 minutes I got sick so I decided to wake him up in my special way. I got on top of him and kissed him. He kissed me back, that's when I got up. "why the hell would you do that?" He asked groaning, I smirked, "because I was trying to wake you up for about seven minutes and you didn't bother to wake up." I told him.

Ace went to the bathroom and I was in the kitchen making him some eggs when I felt a smack on my butt. I turned around and saw Ace smirking. I glared at him then went with my crutches to get myself some more coffee from the counter on the other side of the kitchen.

Suddenly I was on the counter with Ace standing between my legs. He leaned in for a kiss and I leaned in, too. Once our lips touched I felt sparks in every inch of my body and butterflies were erupting my stomach. He held me by my waist bringing me closer to him gently and I held him by the back of his neck bringing him closer to me. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance but me being me I decided to tease him and deny it. He growled and then squeezed my butt, I gasped in shock and he took the chance and stuck his tongue into my mouth smirking. The kiss was full of love and passion. "ok we have to stop" I said, "why?" he asked pouting "the HOCO is tonight and the girls are upstairs?" I said in a duhh voice "So?" He said still not understanding. "for a boy with a GPA of 3.9 like you, you aren't that smart," I told him laughing, he didn't laugh "what's wrong?" "it's nothing," "Ace" he looked me in the eyes "Ace, tell me this instance or else" "while you were in the coma, I slipped" "slipped, what do you mean slipped? 3.8 fine" "no slipped like went to 3.4-3.5," he said looking down I held him from his cheeks, "we won't let that happen again, we're going to get you up, don't worry baby" I kissed him "you promise" I nodded, when have I promised anything and let you down?" "never" "ok now we have to have fun tonight smile and don't worry" "you have to go get the corsages, the guys are waiting for you in your house, you have to pick us from here at 5:30 and most importantly the girls are upstairs so 1) I have to get ready and 2) they will see us make out." I told him in a bossy voice. "You're cute when you're bossy," he said messing my hair and drinking his last sip of coffee. "ok off I go," he said still in the kitchen "off you go," I said "you won't see me till 5:30 pm," he said "yeah" "I will miss you El," he said pouting. "I love you Ace and I will miss you too, but the girls are gonna kill me if I don't get up there in two minutes" I chuckled telling him the reality. "ok fine," he said and gave me a peck then took off.

I was up there with Nic and Car since Ace left which was an hour and fifteen minutes. My phone rang "Hello, it's Ella" I answered the phone without checking the ID caller. "Hey princess it's Ace" "oh hi handsome," I told him "I just called to check if you're ok and to hear the sweet voice of yours that I missed" I chuckled "Ace it's barely an hour and a half since you left," I told him "what do I do my heart misses you," he said. "that's ok because my heart misses you too," I said smiling. The next thing I know my phone was taken away by Car. "hey call her again and she won't come to HOCO" she shouted at Ace and closed the phone. To be honest I was scared really scared. After a second Car's mood changed a second later in a happy mood, "you're scary" Nic and I said at the same time.

It was 3:30 and we had the corsages I told them to get me a red one because I wanted to get some rest since we're going to sleep at like 2 am, Car brought a dark red one and Nic got an off-white goldish one. They steamed their dresses but I didn't because mine didn't need one. They wanted to see my dress but I thought it would be nice if it was a surprise after I put on makeup and do my hair.

So right now we were in my room and we began with Nic. We made her hair first. We put a part of it in a fishtail and the rest was down. Then we started in her makeup. Since Nic's dress is black with golden roses, we put really light golden eyeshadow and eyeliner and mascara. We also darkened her eyebrows and put on blush and red lipstick.

It was 4:20. We proceed to Car. Since Car's dress was the most colorful dress is it took us a lot of time. We highlighted her face, darkened her eyebrows and the most complicated part was to put her eyeshadow on. So on her eyelid, we made a smoky dark red eyeshadow. And under her eyes, we put really light eyeshadow. We also put black mascara and black eyeliner. We put dark red blush and dark red lipstick.

Right now it's 4:55 and my dress is only red, so I decided to stay a bit simple I didn't put on any highlighter or counselor. I put light brown eyeshadow and eyeliner and mascara. I darkened my eyebrows and put red lipstick on. I finished at 5:10 pm.

A girl after girl went to change in the bathroom. Nic was already dressed in the dress and a pair of black high heels.

Car got dressed in the dress with a pair of dark red high heels.

And finally, I went into the bathroom and got in my wonderful dress in like 30 minutes. But I wasn't finished when the bell rang. Was it already 5:27 "you go girls open the door I will be down there in 3 minutes." I told them. I heard the door of my bedroom open and close. I opened the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. I looked beautiful, it's not every day I say that. I wore my superstar Adidas shoes and was done. Since it was HOCO I wanted to surprise Ace and go without my wheelchair, I know I will regret my decision but I wanted it to make our first HOCO together special.

I got down and all I saw were shocked faces. "yaaassss girl" Nic and Car said cheering looking at me then at Ace. The three of them wore the same as each other but Ace looked like a greek god he looked amazing, smoking hot, sexy. There are actually no words to describe him.

I looked at him his eyes were really sparkling while looking at me. His mouth was hanging open in disbelief. He was holding the rose thing in his hands and it was red. His mouth signalizes a 'wow'. When I got down I reached his hand "you look breathtakingly hot, sexy. You are really my weakness." He said smiling "and you look handsome as always. I love you babe" I said smiling. He took the wheelchair from the living room and was coming towards me. "no not this night, I want it to be special" I put my hand on his arm. "but you already seem tired" he said. "I know, but just this night, for us, I can rest tomorrow" I smiled. "I love you" he smiled and gave me my crutches. "me too" I took them from him.