chapter 35

The next lesson was history. I really loved history and I liked Mr. Forster, he was openminded and taught in different ways.

I entered the class and sat in the middle of the classroom. The lesson began. Mr. Forster entered the wrote three words on the board. Racism and discrimination. "does anyone know what discrimination and racism are?" Mr. Forster asked. I looked around the room and saw that nobody raised their hands, and me being me I didn't like to draw attention so I kept it low and I didn't raise my hand. But since the universe hates me Mr. Forster decided to pick me. "ms. Walter care to say what racism and discrimination are?" Mr. Forster asked me with a raised eyebrow.

I raised my head from the table and began to speak. "discrimination and racism are kind of the same thing" I stopped. "The term discrimination refers to the unjust or prejudicial treatment of other individuals (or groups) on the grounds of specific features. People can discriminate – or can be discriminated – on the basis of a number of aspects, including Sex, gender, race, age, skin color, physical features, language, disability, health problems, and sexual orientation. These are just a few examples of the aspects that can lead to discrimination. People tend to discriminate against what they do not know or what looks different. Everyone has an educational and cultural background that is influenced by the social, political and economic environment, and that serves as a filter to analyze the world." I stopped and took my breath and continued. "but racism is just a small part of the whole topic discrimination. But it talks about human races." I finished.

I was really surprised that I said that without any stuttering. I looked around me and saw everyone staring at me I looked at Nic and Car and they put me thumbs up excited. I looked at the teacher and saw him speechless. I slid in my chair. "wow" I heard Mr. Forster said. "could you please give us an example?" He asked amazed. "ok," I said and thought for a minute and began speaking. "Adolf Hitler. 'the führer'" I stopped. "Hitler was a president in Germany, he was the Führer of the Nazi Party. He was racist and had a discriminative behavior. He wanted to kill every person with a disability such as cut leg, sick people with a chronic illness. He wanted to kill people with a different color. He also wanted that the only religion that existed in his time to be the one and only." I stopped. "that's why he built concentration camps to protect his perfect fatherland." I finished and took my breath.

The bell rang and I got out and went to lunch. Nic and Car had some work to finish in the library so I decided to go to the cafeteria. I got an apple, a slice of pizza and water. Since I had nothing to do I decided to go watch Ace practicing.

I went and sat on a bench that wasn't really far from the field. I found Ace wearing a number 1 which he really was, if not for anybody but he was for me. He was my number one priority and the one I love the most. They weren't actually practicing. They were warming up. It's not like they were warming up before the play but before they finish practicing I guess. He was bossing them around, I smiled at the thought. Although I know that he's the team captain. They finished warming up but began playing once again but not before a little bit of shouting at them. I never actually saw him angry except when he was fighting with some dude because of messing with me.

They weren't wearing their uniform but as they were wearing it I saw Liam and Max looking at me. They tapped Ace on the shoulder he shouted "what?" Really loud. "chill out dude," Liam said and pointed at me. When Ace saw me he smiled a million-dollar smile and came running to me it's like he became another person he changed 180 degrees. "bipolar much" Liam shouted to Ace. Ace raised his hand and raised his middle finger to him.

Ace was benches away so I stood up. He crushed me in a hug. I hugged him back and gave him a peck on the lip. We sat down. "you were pretty harsh on them Ace," I told him. "mhm. I know" he said. "I never saw you shouting before," I said playing with his fingers. "because you're special. And you're mine so why would I shout to my special angel?" He said chuckling. I smiled but also blushed. "stop that!" I said. "stop what?" He question. We got interrupted by Max shouting "can you please come because we want to finish practicing" he said with desperation in his voice. Ace looked at me and asked, "I have to go, but why don't you come and sit in the first row?" "fine," I said and reached for his hand.

We got to the first bench hand in hand. I sat down and the whole team was looking at Ace with a smirk. "What?!" Ace shouted. "now wear your shit and divide yourselves into your assigned teams." He finished the whole American football team went and wore their difficult looking uniforms. I looked at Ace and smiled which he immediately returned, he then returned to look at his team.

I felt a pair of eyes starring at me. I looked at whoever was looking at me and saw Lucas. My smile dropped and that made him smirk. He winked at me and licked his lips, I raised my middle finger at him, which made him really angry. Ace looked at Lucas to see whoever he was flirting with and saw me raising my middle finger at Lucas. The whole team whispered shit looking at Lucas then Ace then me. I facepalmed myself. I looked and saw Ace going to Lucas really calm. I had some faith that they wouldn't fight. But after a second I saw Lucas on the floor being hit by Ace. To get Ace off of Lucas it took 5 members to get him off of Lucas. Ace escaped their embrace and hit Lucas again. I ran to the field and held Ace's arm making him stop. It took me a few seconds to get Ace off of Lucas. Ace stood up and I looked him in the eyes making him calm down and stood in front of him. I turned around and looked at Lucas "are you really begging for your death?" I asked him not waiting for an answer. "what do you really see in that asshole?" He asked. "do you know how many times you asked this question? Well, I'll tell you how much you asked for it. You asked this question 4 to 6 times. And I'll tell you the answer again. This asshole has a name. It's Ace. And he's not an asshole unlike you. Well, he's handsome, caring, loving and has a heart. He's not a bully unlike you. Oh and he's my boyfriend." I said and turned around and looked at Ace to see him smiling at me. "you actually shouldn't mess with him, because he's your team captain and you can't play football so make us all a favor and shut up." I told Lucas. "oh you're doomed bro, she kicked your ass," the team told Lucas, laughing at him.

"Lucas you're gonna sit on the bench since my girlfriend said the unsaid and Bryan you're gonna play instead of Lucas this upcoming game." The team cheered "It seems like we're not the only ones that hate Lucas" I said looking at Ace chuckling. "yeah" Ace said looking at me.

"ok we're done here today and we'll meet tomorrow after school, go hit the showers," Ace told the rest of the team members. In a split second, they weren't here anymore.

Ace and I were alone in the field, "did you really mean what you said?" He asked me smiling. "Yeah, of course, you see that number?" I pointed at his chest "Yeah 1 why?" He asked. "well you're my number one. My one love. My number one attention. My number one priority." I said smiling. He smiled and I hugged him.