chapter 39

Ace POV

El and I exit the door and were in my car at the moment. The drive to the school was silent. The drive was ok. We got to school but not after bringing coffee from Starbucks. We entered the school hand in hand. I had two periods of history and she had two periods of chemistry. We separated and went in different directions.

I hated history, I was thinking about El's different behavior. She is too silent, she kind of wasn't herself. I think something is up. "Mr. King" I heard my name being called. "mhm," I asked Mr. Forster. "care to explain the difference between being racist and discrimination." I didn't know the answer to his question. "I don't know," I said.

The bell rang and I was getting out of the class when I heard my name being called. "Ace" I heard my name being called by Mr. Forster. I went to his desk waiting for him to say what he wanted. "your grades are decreasing, I recommend that you get help from another student." He said. "no thank you," I said ready to leave. "this isn't a question Ace, I am gonna ask Ella Walter if she could help you," he said and I smiled. "oh El?" I asked happily. "yeah is there something wrong?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "no not at all" I said "I can ask her by myself" I stated. "are you sure?" "mhm," I said and left the room. I left the room and went to my next couple of lessons which were maths and then English.

It was 12:30 and we had lunch. The girls didn't come till it was 12:45. I noticed El was more stressed than today morning. She bought lots of food which isn't her habit. She came and sat next to me. I greeted her with a passionate kiss. She sat next to me. "are you ok? you look different and you seem a little scared." I asked her, knowing her habits too well. "I am fine. Why would you think that?" I asked her "well because your hands are a little bit sweaty. You don't make eye contact and you keep moving your hair behind your ears which never happens." I stated. "well there is nothing," she said. "and you bought a lot of food like your starving. Can I take this because I guarantee that you will not eat this." Liam asked disrespecting my girlfriend. El shock head and threw him the cookie. I hit him on the back of his head. "hey what did I do?" "don't disrespect my girlfriend," I said.

After a little bit, the bell rung and the boys and I had physics for two periods. The stuff wasn't really interesting so I was on another planet since I already know this stuff and ace all this stuff. Oh, I said Ace aces the exams. I chuckled to myself.

The two lessons were done really quickly. I had the rest of the day no more lessons and I wanted to spend it with El but I know she had the rest of the day lessons. So the guys and I went to the cafeteria for the rest of the day.

The school day was over and the guys and I had practice. I really wasn't in the mood to see that sick Lucas.

"ok, so today is the last day we practice before the game. I will not accept that we lose. The other team that we play against is really weak. And we trained really hard. I looked behind me to see if El is here but she wasn't I feel that there is something wrong. "ok so we'll warm up with 5 laps the 100 push-ups. "now get started" I said and we began to warm up.

After half an hour we finished warming up. "drink some water and we'll continue after five minutes." I said. I called El but she didn't answer it always came on voicemail. I don't know where the coach is I always lead the team. And he always takes the credit for what I do. Anyway, we began playing again. "we will do five more laps and then begin practicing football. Now let's get going" I said and we began running again.

After we finished running. "sorry I am late" I saw Lucas coming while smirking. I heard people whispering "he's gonna be doomed." I went and stood in front of Lucas. "we started an hour ago" I said gritting on my teeth. "so? I said I'm sorry" he said being so very calm. "what time is it?" I asked the whole team "3:30" the whole team said. "don't you have a watch" I asked Lucas. "yes I have one" Lucas said. "then where is it?" I yelled at him. "it's in my house." Lucas said. "is it chilling in your house or reading a story for your wall clock." I shouted. "now since your late and I don't want to die from a heart attack that you would give me, you will run 20 laps and do 1000 push-ups. Oh and also you won't play in the next game and you're going to sit on the bench." I said and patted his shoulder. "but" "no butts, you couldn't come earlier so you must do what you must do" I said sarcastically.

"Bryan and I are going to choose the teams," I said. Bryan had some of the weakest teams and I had Liam and Max and some other good players. Of course, all of us kept playing and they learned a lot so the training was over.

I looked to see Lucas dying while running. "Lucas" I shouted his name. He came running.

"What time is it?" I asked him. He took his phone out of his pocket and said "4:50", "so you know how to read the clock." He nodded. "how many laps and how many push-ups have you made?" I asked him "17 laps and 635 push-ups." He said. "come late one more time and I am gonna make you run 25 laps and 2500 push-ups." I said and he nodded going to the showers. "good job everyone now go hit the showers" I said and all of us made our way to the showers.

We finished at 5:30 and we decided to go to my house and chill.

It's 6:00 and we're at my house. We parked our cars and entered home. "El" I shouted. "El I'm home," I said. She didn't reply. "give me a second I'll go up and look for her." I told Max and Liam.

I was upstairs and I searched every single room and I didn't find her. I entered Lilly's room. "Hey Lil, have you seen Ella today?" I asked her. "yeah" I sigh in relief. "when, and where have you seen her?" I asked Lilly. "I saw her today morning downstairs before we went to school." She said. I exit the room. "Sierra, Sierra" I shouted. "What?" She asked annoyed. "have you seen Ella?" I asked her. "No, I thought she was with you," she said.

It's been thirty minutes and I have been calling El none stop. Liam and Max called their girls and they said they were coming.

It's 7:30 and she hasn't come yet. And the girls didn't come either. The doorbell rang and I opened it to be greeted by the girls. "Where is Ella?" I asked them. "she didn't come yet?" Carter asked me. All of us shook our heads. "isn't she supposed to be here by 6:30 - 7:00 pm maximum?" Nicole asked Carter whispering. "What? You knew that she wouldn't be here?" I asked yelling at them, the guys calmed me down. "What did she say?" I asked them. "after lunch she said that she would skip the rest of the day and told both of us to cover for her and say that she is at our houses until 7:00 pm. And if she isn't here we should tell you. But make you calm down she told us not to be worried because it's nothing serious." That didn't calm me a bit.

I ran out of their sight and kept calling Ella but to be only greeted by her voicemail.