Chapter 26-Autumn Tea Festival

Start from the beginning

Akira's car was parked outside the Takishimas' big house. She tried to pinpoint Kei's room, and decided it was probably the one with light on. Taking her binoculars, she looked into the window, to find a familiar baby-faced man moving about. Akira sighed. It was his father.

With the help of one of her men, Akira was boosted over the wall and into Kei's backyard. She slowly unlocked the backdoor, and slipped in, it seemed too good to be true. It was too good to be true.

That is, until she made eye-contact with Takishima Kei himself.

"What do you think you're doing in my house?" he asks casually. Akira's brain goes haywire as she desperately thinks of a way to get Kei to follow her. She obviously couldn't kidnap him, and if she caused any harm to Hikari, her head would probably be lost from her shoulders for eternity.

Akira gulps, then decided the truth was easier to be said than to even think of getting Kei by force. She didn't have much of a choice after all.

"There's a one-day Autumn Tea Festival and the chairwoman agreed to let me go if the rest of the SA comes along. I have everyone in my car, well, except you." Akira says, trying to be as calm as possible. "Hikari might love it since its a festival..."

Before Akira could blink, Kei was out and ready to leave. Akira smiles to herself. Kei's Achilles' Heel was more powerful than she thought.

She snickered to herself as she thought of how Kei was going to explain to the rest of the SA of her plans. Kei had rushed into the car with the SA, and Akira took her own car. She looked out in amazement as she passed the gates of the Tea Garden. It was where the annual festival took place.

The Autumn Tea Festival was a gathering of tea lovers, as they welcomed autumn by drinking cooling iced tea, and soothing herbal teas as they talk about none other than tea. There were also snacks, appropriate tea time snacks that were to go along with whatever tea they would drink. The tea lovers wouldn't have it any other way.

To ensure the SA stayed, she had hired security guards, a few disguised as tea lovers who came for the event. The chairwoman herself even prepared security guards for her son, hinting that she would grace the event with her presence later that day.

She was grinning from ear to ear as she stepped out of her car. The festival began an hour ago, but everything was only nicely set-up now. She didn't care about her classmates who were trying to shoot lasers through their eyes, all directed right at her. She could feel the chills down her spine, but her pent-up excitement was overwhelming every emotion. She spotted Mrs Akane, wife of one of her father's airline tea suppliers. Before the SA reached her, she walked towards Mrs Akane and started a friendly conversation as they disappeared into the crowd. Akira smiled.

The job was no longer hers, but the security guards' responsibility. She could enjoy the entire festival without worries. Oh, she had such wishes. But as people say, those who wish upon stars are fools, as shooting stars already died millions of years ago, just like their dreams.

As much as Megumi wanted to scream, to momentarily turn all the people stunned so she could escape, but she could not. She had her voice so well-protected, but no matter how good she was, Jun's sore throat had passed on to her. She was fuming mad with her younger brother, and Jun felt guilty too. If he had not spread the virus to Megumi, they would all have been out by now.

What made things more frustrating was that men were guarding the area, instead of watch dogs, trapping the unwilling SA members in a prison only the tea lovers could call heaven. Namely Akira and all the fancily dressed people around.

"Where did Tadashi go?" Jun asks as they try to find another escape route. Somehow, Tadashi slipped away, probably munching on whatever pastry or food that could go along with the tea.