"Well, they had to place them somewhere in order to do their job. They done it to me, but that was to check to if there were any damages as they didn't have enough time for an MRI." I said.

I know it seemed barbaric but my life was on the line, so I let that slide. Besides, it was one of the ways I found about my stomach problems.

"They working on fixing the damages that was left behind." Victoria said.

"Like what?" I ask.

"They agreed that'll she need to be on the G-Tube for a long time, likely a year. I'm not sure when she's ever going to be allowed to leave." Victoria said.

It got me thinking about the situation as this was Melanie we were talking about. I know Melanie doesn't like to be treated like a baby... at all. How would she feel if she would stay in the hospital for a longer time than agreed? Melanie was already facing a 6-month stay thanks to being on section three of the Mental Health Act, which handles treatments. I knew Melanie would want to go home, but she'll need to have someone to watch her 24/7. I know she would hate to be seen anywhere being treated like baby, despite agreeing that we'll be there for her.

The more I thought about, it starts to get to me that she was going have to accept the help she's being subjected to if she's ever going to get back her life. All of a sudden, I started to mourn for her loss of life when I got down to think about it. I started to think about the mock-funerals she was being subjected, it was pretty much one for her old life. I wasn't sure how knew about it, Melanie could tell I was getting upset as she was slowing waking up. This got the assistant's attention, who came into our room to check her, while Victoria tried to calm me down. The medication was keeping Melanie from fully waking up, just enough for her to move her eyes. The assistant took all vitals, as required, but Melanie tried to speak up.

Despite not noticing at first, the assistant looked at Melanie's eyes after rather red for some reason. While me and Victoria were just looking out the window, gazing at the skyline, we heard something strange behind us. We wheeled over to see what was going on. Melanie was clearly upset, which caught us off-guard. We asked about what was wrong, but the assistant was just as stumped since this was a side of Melanie we rarely have seen. We were pretty much clueless, not because of what emotion it was, but on how can we handle the situation. It was rather the scariest few minutes we ever found ourselves in.

After awhile, Melanie was able to relax and tried to resume as nothing had happened. We just resume many of the random activities to keep our business while waiting for someone who works with the field in parapsychology. We thought were done with the parapsychology, but we were far from that. Miller had explained about the upcoming visit awhile back and explained about our medical conditions. The folks in the study of parapsychology would like to do some examinations for a baseline. Both me and Melanie were brought to the radiology department to have those scans done, but we didn't expect a few others.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No, just no" Melanie said.

It was rather eerie to hear her be brought down like that.

"What's wrong?" I asks.

"I just want them to stop. Please, just... stop." Melanie said.

I checked on Melanie, she was still cold to the touch.

"Why they kept doing that?" I wondered.

"They won't listen. They got what I can give them, but they won't stop." Melanie said.

A nursing assistant was nearby, I demanded answers.

"Excuse me, do you have any idea what's going on?" I asked.

"Sorry, I'm just following what was in the treatment plan." She answered.

Melanie was brought in for scans, giving me a chance to get some answers.

"What do you need about treatment plan? I mean, she's suffering pretty badly. She's already been put through enough. What's more, do they want?" I demanded to know.

"Well, as far as I'm aware, she was placed under section 3, treatment order. A few others did explain what was happening but there was little that they could do. They agree against electric-shock given her current condition, which was understandable. However, they're having a hard time getting her to comply with cognitive behavioural treatment, where there's a high amount of resistance." The assistant said.

"Have they seen what's been doing her?" I questioned.

"Yes, but they're all they can't. They're trying cryotherapy, as one of the alternative treatments. It's clearly reducing her to a child-like stage. Yet, they explained they had to do what they can in order to get her complied despite being pointed out that's making like this." The assistant said.

"She had to have some way to tell to stop." I told her.

Suddenly, I remembered some of the drawings she had done, expressing her feelings.

"Have anyone..." I asks.

"They noticed that she seems to doing okay with art treatment and someone talking to her. They're trying to get her to the level she can regain control of her well-being. I meant, her body is healing but her mental stage needs some work." The assistant said.

I wanted to be re-insure about that but still wasn't sure. I demanded some answers about what was happening to her behind my back. I was able to detect that her mum was on her way over, demanding to know what has been happening to her only daughter. I had noticed some slight improvement during the family therapy session but could tell her family was still grieving as if they lost her.

After her scans were done, it was my turn. I was given some of the same set of questions Melanie was given, which did have some elements of ESP check-ups. They had noticed my ESP abilities were getting stronger but still were puzzled on the side-effects it was having. This was needed to see what method they could do to allow us to use our ESP abilities with minimal effects. They were also careful with our recovery from our injuries, as I had noticed a small group of folks I knew were fine as far as their bodies are a concern. I was able to recognize a few of them as I had worked with them in the past. Finally, I tried to see I could try the remote viewing to check up on Melanie, which caught one of the examiners. However, I was asked if I can locate an object in a certain location to check out it. I did exactly that, but it was giving me a headache. I asked them to stop as I was getting sick, which they understood as they got what they were needing for the day.

We finally got back to our room, given some medication to help cope with the pain, and tried to relax. I was still on a blended diet after learning about the new set of health problems, while Melanie was still having trouble with her. Her left hand had been checked out to see how the healing process was going before being given a lessen the amount of dressing. Melanie still hated about being fed like an infant but she was too weak from the medication she was given for her parasite problems. Again, I gave her some privacy, while having a conversion with Victoria. We were wondering how much longer Melanie could take when it comes to what the poor thing had to be put through. It was almost like we were grieving as her old self as to have perished and left behind some stranger with us.