XXX. Marriage Contract

Start from the beginning

I don't want Vivian to dislike me any more than she already does.

The weeks passed by, and it seems like my parents are finished with the marriage contract. They met Vivian's parents and learned more than I'll ever know about Vivian. I watch as mom slide the paper across the table with a broad smile on her face.

"Think about it," mom would say.

"I can't believe you're getting marry." Matt exhaled the smokes out the window. I never understand why he would do such a health hazardous action.

"Shit man." Jack spun around my chair. "Is this Vivian Blanc girl cute?"

"Does it matter whether or not she's cute?" Mauricio inputted, leaning lazily on half of my bed. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

Jack shrugged, "Just curious."

"Are you seriously going to marry her?" Vincent asked. Earlier, when Vincent came to borrow my Economic book, he spotted the Marriage Contract. Without another word, he called everyone for a meeting.

I want to go pee, but they are blocking the door. It seems I am lock inside this room until they are satisfied with their investigation.

I shrugged, "I...I don't think she wants to marry me."

"Then, break it off," Matt said. "Tell her you don't want to get married tomorrow."

I bit my inner cheeks, "But...her parents."

"Are at fault. They shouldn't make this marriage contract if she doesn't want to get marry," Matt rebuttal. I can tell, he doesn't like marriage contracts, but its quite the norm in our industries.

That, and also, Matt doesn't get along with his parents. They seem to push him into marriage contracts all the time to grow their corporation.

I wonder if my parents are pushing me to marry Vivian to make the company grow too?

"What if-" Mauricio said, scrolling through his phone. Most likely, he is looking at his own photos. "What if Vivian is the one who suggested the marriage, so her family's company can grow?"

They all gasped dramatically.

"That's true. I mean, the Blanc's family fashion industry is big in South America," Vincent inputted. "What if she is using you?"

My left eye twerked momentarily at that thought. What if she is using me? Yes, I never thought of marriage and accepted the fact that I may die alone in my room full of trains and sketches, but if I can. I prefer marrying someone I love, like my parents. I prefer it if Vivian marries someone she loves too.

Jack stood up and smacked his hands together. "Let's do it! Let's confront Vivian Blanc tomorrow! I get front row dibs!"

I stood in front of the cafeteria, running my hand down my forearm. "I can do this...alone." I told the five guys standing in front of me. Every single one of them was grinning widely except for Larry.

Vincent probably told Larry. He exhaled, "Maybe; we should-"

Jack stepped in front of Larry and shoved me inside the doors. We began walking inside, and I look around for Vivian. Immediately, I spotted her at her usual table, which was five tables away to the left from where I generally sit.

I walk towards her, seeing her munching on the chicken nuggets. I gripped my hand on the piece of paper inside my pants.

Just ask her if she wants to marry you. That's the thought that ran inside my mind.

If Vivian does want to marry me then...I really wouldn't mind marrying her. It would give us something we have in common to talk about.

Harper always told me that the best way to make friends is to find similar grounds. I never took the advice because making friends is too trying.