Hearing a low buzz, I took out my phone to see a message.

Miss Harper: Your parents will be calling you tonight! They have some good news for you!

Nighttime rolled around, and I requested to stay at my hotel room. Mr.Davenson generally grant it, mainly due to my roommates' affairs.

Matthew is my roommate.

He told me that we would have three more roommates tonight and I declined his generous offer of joining. I already feel constricted sleeping in the same room with one person, why would I share a place with three others? That makes no sense.

I sat in front of the flat screen, listening to mom, dad, and Finn talking. Mom was asking about my well-being. Dad asked about my latest creation and academics. Finn spoke to me about his current wins and asked me about school.

Finn and I often talk despite being miles apart. Right now, he's ten years old and growing brighter each day. Harper says Finn look up to me, but I highly doubt that. No one can look up to a broken item.

"Okay...Baby, I think Harper told you right?" Mom question.

I was sitting on the couch. "She said you and dad have good news."

"Great news! Great amazing-" Dad placed a hand over Finn's mouth and dragged him away from the screen.

"Baby. Promise me you won't be angry," mom continued with a broad smile.

"I can't ever be angry with you mother." How can I ever be upset at the woman who spends ten painful hours giving birth to me.

"You know how a few families had come to ours over the years about their daughters," she continued, and I nodded. I remember speaking or more explicitly listening to the females my parents introduced me at a gathering.

She looks at dad, and he cleared his throat. "We spoke with a family today, and we would like you to meet a girl. Not simply a meeting, but a-" he circulates his hand.

"A date!" Mom intervened.

"If you feel like you're not ready. We will not force you," dad quickly said.

I claw my old red train that was hidden inside of my jacket as my parents sat there; waiting for my response. I know they won't force me to meet someone if I don't want to do it. They never forced me to do anything without asking for my permission.

"Okay."

All three of them squeal with joy.

The next day was my blind date, my first one.

"Hi. I'm so sorry I'm late," the girl named Milan said.

I dislike it when people are late. Being on time is part of standard etiquette. While I'm pondering on the thought of why Milan is late; she sat down and ordered a cup of coffee.

"Hi, I'm Milan," she said, extending her hand.

I grabbed it and nodded once, "Liam."

The waiter immediately gave her a cup of coffee since we were the only ones in the cafe. My parents think its best for my date and me to be alone, so I can ease into it without feeling overwhelmed by the noises around me.

Milan clasped her hands together and began talking.

I realized there was a strand of hair poke out of her side bun. I wonder if she notices it too.

Her lips were moving, but I couldn't make any sound.

I continued staring at the side bun. It was bothering me.