"Ohh..." Levi tried to find a good explanation, but he had non.
"Did you have a fight with Jay?"
Levi hesitated, still not sure if he could tell this guy. "No... I didn't."
Matt frowned. "Then, what happened? You both are acting really strange, so something must've happened."

"No... it's nothing."
Matt stared into Levi's eyes for a second, clearly not believing him. "I guess you don't want to tell me. That's fine."
He turned around, just in time for the teacher to start class.

~~~~

《JAY'S POV》

As Jay sat down at the dinner table, he already felt his mood worsen, something that was very impressing when you remember how he had been feeling today.

His stepmom put some glasses on the table, which Jay was thankful for, because he usually needed lots over water to try to remove the taste of what his stepmom called dinner, from his mouth.

He himself wasn't a great cook either, but at least he owned up to it.
His stepmom on the other hand always insisted on cooking at least once a week, even though she barely knew how to and Jay's dad used to be a cook for many years.

Matt also sat down, looking like he was gonna throw up already.
"Let's start our dinner with prayer." His dad said, and everyone closed their eyes, getting ready to hear their dad ramble on about boring stuff for the next minute.

After a while Jay opened one of his eyes, and peeked at Matt. He was looking at the food that his mom put on the table, with a frown that showed his disgust towards whatever that mess was.

"Amen." Their parents opened their eyes too, after which his stepmom got up from her chair to drop some green vegetables on their plates that Jay wasn't able to identify as anything he had seen before.

"Eww." Said Matt, agreeing with the voice in Jay's head. "Mom, you can't make us eat this. What is this even?"
His mom sighed. "It's green beans. And yes, you will eat this. God gave us this food to eat, so you have to be thankful and eat without complaining."

"Sure God gave us this food, but you're the one who messed it up. Why should we be punished for that?"
"This is not a punishment Matt. It's dinner. So stop complaining and be grateful for once."

She looked at her husband in hope of finding some support, but he honestly didn't seem too excited about agreeing with her. "Honey... it's fine. I don't want these kids to get food poisoning."

"That's... They won't!"
Matt already got up. "I guess I'll order something."
Jay's dad nodded. "How about we order from that Indonesian shop, who recently opened last month? I heard it got really good reviews."

After they had ordered some food, ignoring Jay's stepmom's complaints, Matt and Jay went upstairs. Matt followed him into his room, even though he hadn't told Matt that he could come in.
Jay sat down on his chair, Matt on his bed.

"What did you and Levi fight about?"
Jay didn't answer, but instead looked at the floor, as if his carpet was suddenly very interesting to look at.
"I guess you don't want to tell me either then. But you didn't deny anything happened."

Jay licked his lips, feeling nervous. He didn't trust his stepbrother at all, but he didn't want him to find out through Levi, because he knew Matt would probably find a way to pressure him into telling him.

"Tell me, Jay. What's going on?"
"I did something stupid. And Levi freaked out, which is totally understandable. I'm the one to blame for all of this, so don't bother him with all of this mess."

Matt made a weird face, and Jay was not able to guess what emotion it was supposed to represent. "Did you hug him too tightly?" He wiggled his eyebrows up and down, making Jay want to smack his head.

When Jay didn't answer, Matt slowly started to realise what actually happened. "Wait... Oh my gosh... DID YOU KISS HIM?!?!!?!"
"Shush!" Jay quickly glanced at the door, scared their parents might have heard Matt yelling.

"So you did?" Matt had a grin on his face, not yet realizing how painful as a situation this was.
"Yes. And I shouldn't have. I had no right to touch him in any way, let alone kiss him."

"Oh my f*cking god... my brother kissed Levi... I can't believe this is real." He looked at Jay, not aware of his discomfort with this entire conversation. "Can you repeat it once more please?"

"Matt, you either shut up about this or I'll leave. I won't allow you to tease me about this any longer. This is a serious situation and you're being an a*s about it."
Matt finally understood he shouldn't bother Jay like this anymore, and shut his mouth.

Jay looked outside and saw the curtains in Levi's room were opened, so he could look into his room. It didn't take long for him to notice Levi sitting at his desk. He was working on his homework, his head resting on his hand. He looked like he was about to either fall asleep or cry.

Matt got up and walked to the door. "I guess you're gonna be busy staring at him for a while. I'll just check to see if the food has arrived yet."
Jay vaguely mumbled a few words to show he was totally fine with that, after which Matt left and he stared at Levi.

He knew damn well he was being very creepy right now, but he couldn't help it. Suddenly, Levi turned his head. He looked Jay straight in his eyes, which was also the only straight thing in this entire situation. They kept staring at each other for a while.

Levi knew he had been looking at him for sure. Otherwise he wouldn't have dared to look back at him for this long, but rather shyly turned his head away, pretending to have never looked at him.

Or perhaps Levi just changed. He wondered how he was doing after what happened yesterday. Did his feelings towards Jay change? What were his feelings towards Jay in the first place?

He kissed Jay back, but that didn't automatically mean he liked him too. Or did it?
While Jay was trying to sort out all of these thoughts, Levi had gotten up from his chair. Without breaking eye contact, he walked towards the window.

Jay wondered if he should get up too. What was Levi going to do?
Levi's eyes didn't say anything. Nothing on his face was expressing any kind of emotion, and he looked like he was dead inside.

Jay immediately scolded himself inside for doing this horrible thing to such a sweet, precious, innocent human being. He had always liked the way you could read Levi's face perfectly, he wasn't able to hold in any of his feelings.

The way he would get visibly worked up over Jay winning over all the adults, or the way his eyes widened whenever anything surprising happened, was the most adorable thing, and Jay truly loved him for it.

And now he might have ruined that, thanks to his selfishness, not respecting Levi's wishes, and instead just caring about his own greed. He wronged Levi in the most terrible way, and had no idea how he could make up for it.

Levi looked at him thoroughly, after which he grabbed the curtain, and closed it.
It was clear he didn't want Jay in his life anymore, and Jay couldn't blame him for it. It was all on him.

《END OF THIS CHAPTER》

Lmao I'm finally back. I should go to sleep. I'm too lazy to spellcheck once again, so I apologize in advance. (Even though you'll read this afterwards but whatever sjsnns)

Oh and also I realised that my style of writing has changed a lot since the beginning, and tbh I kinda miss it so I'm trying to get back some of that writing that I did before if that makes sense hehe

Anygay I'm back skskskks