:23:

Aubrey unlocked the door of his condo, he walked in and hung his keys on the small hook that held several other car keys along the wall. His condo was quiet and dimly lit, he was still able to see where he was going as he traveled throughout the separate areas. He smirked as Monday waited for him on the last step of the staircase, one leg crossed over the other, her fingers interlocked with one another resting on her thick thighs.

"You can look at me."

She looked up and smiled, but remained silent. Aubrey reached out his hand for her to grab it, she did and stood up, only a collar secured around her neck she stood in front of him completely naked, her hair down traveling down to the center of her back, her complexion matched his, not lighter, not darker.

"How are you?" He asked her.

"I'm better now." She replied with a genuine smile.

He let her hand go and she followed behind him until they reached his bedroom, he opened it, she closed it. He stood in the middle of the floor, her hands raised to his shoulders placing them under his suit jacket and slid it down his arms, she neatly folded it over the back of a chair, she moved to his shirt, slowly unbuttoning it, she tugged at it untucking it from his dress pants, she reached for his wrist and unbuttoned the two matte black cufflinks with gold owls in the center, he wore two on each wrist, she stepped behind him and pulled the shirt from his back, then from his arms, she frowned as she looked at the now dark red markings on his forearm, her eyes traveled to his shoulders and more caught her attention.

"Is there a problem?" He asked looking down at her.

"I thought you weren't looking for another sub?"

He arched a thick right eyebrow at her, then looked down at what her eyes were so fixated on. Aubrey was never one to allow a woman to mark him up, there was never proof of his night with a woman, but Lori had very much much left her presence behind, easily claiming territory.

"I wasn't." He decided to indulge her.

"So, you switched up days?..."

"No."

She stepped back from him, frustration and confusion rattled her mind. "Aubrey, don't do that selective answering..."

"Nebby, if I were you... I advise you to rethink the way you are speaking to me. If you'd like, you can step out in the hallway and collect yourself or I will collect you." Aubrey's voice was far from welcoming, a tone in which made Nebby take another step back from him, she stood quietly staring up at him, she was rethinking her approach, curiosity was bitting at her limbs as if she was shark bait, he had gone completely emotionless. She knew when this happened it was going to be very hard to bring him back out of the funk she caused by questioning him.

"No sir, you told me that there was going to be no more after she left.

"I did, yes."

"So did you just stumble upon a new one, sir."

"I did, yes."

"Why did you let her leave marks on you, sir?"

"It was not intentional."

Nebby looked down, her eyes began to fill with tears but she held them from falling. She had been with Aubrey the longest, she had experienced every phase in him, the adolescent teens, the carefree 20's, and now his business-driven 30's. She was there watching the start of OVO, and was still there as it took off to be more than what the guys expected, she had been cheated on by, other women were picked over her only for him to come to her a month later pleading for her to give him one more chance, she was the first woman he uttered "I love you" to, when Aubrey and his mother would have their verbal altercations it was Nebby's home he lived at for as long as he wanted to be there, she attended his father's funeral and genuinely showed her somber emotions, she consoled him for several days straight upon the news.

He had managed to talk her into being apart of his new lifestyle, at first she was very apprehensive, she denied all his advances finding nothing interesting or attractive about the lifestyle, but the more he displayed a completely turned around Aubrey the more she loosened up, and she could admit the lifestyle forced him to change in many ways, he became selective about everything, he became observant to things he never cared to know about, it forced him to be patient not just with himself but in other aspects of life, it forced him to be honest in all aspects of life, there was no room for 'maybes' or 'I don't know' those kinds of phrases let people know you were easy to manipulate, it left room for people to persuade you into doing something you had no business doing. His health and diet changed, granted his drinking and celebratory character was still there, he became committed to working out regularly and eating properly, he had gotten bigger, he began reading, learning new words, bettering himself in general. Nebby had never seen such a thing in Aubrey, he was never 'boyfriend' or even 'husband' material and she knew that but the lifestyle he was committed to gave her a new outlook on him.

Nebby walked across the room and sat down, her hair draped in front of her shoulders as she hung her head low.

"You said no more..."

Aubrey closed his eyes at the cracking of her voice, his lips pressed firmly together.

"Nebby..."

"You told me... after you broke up with her, you told me it would only be who was left. You told me... you told me." Her tears hid behind her hair, her body now leaning forward as she gripped the edge of the chair on either side of her thighs. Aubrey remained silent, there was nothing he could say. "It's not fun anymore. It was, it was a lot of fun, it was different... but I know I can give more to you... and you know I can... I have given you more..." She went silent again. "I want more... I deserve more... from you..."

Aubrey sighed heavily at the last few words, he knew exactly what more she wanted and he just couldn't give it to her, he didn't want that kind of more.

He slowly walked over to her and squatted down in front of her. He lifted her head up finally getting a look at the tears that caused her words to muffle and slur, her eyes already puffy and her nose running. He swallowed so hard it could be heard outside his body, he reached up around her neck and unclasped the collar, as he did this Nebby's crying grew heavier, he had made his and her decision he tossed the jewelry in the small trash can tucked away in the corner behind the chair, he placed a arm to her back and the other behind her knees and lifted her from the chair, he cradled her, as he walked over to the bed and placed her in it, her crying was painful, so painful it hurt him too, but he couldn't continue to allow her to follow behind him with hidden and false hopes of their future, he just couldn't. He got in the bed and pulled her close to him, holding her as tight as he could.

"I am so sorry I let you down." He whispered in her ear, his hand and fingers tangled in her hair. She shook her head. "Again..." he placed his lips to her forehead and held them there.

His ego had been hit and it was more than a humbling experience. Every sub he had would eventually want more they saw themselves marrying him, having children with him, he had turned into that kind of figure, that kind of man. He was successful, intelligent, sexually pleasing, he was attractive beyond belief, he was assertive and protective of what was his, he properly communicated instead of yelling his frustrations, and granted the punishments came along with disobedience but outside of the sexual experience he treated his subs with love and care, they were flowers and he made sure they all had what they wanted and needed. Aubrey sighed heavily, a realization, the only downfall to the lifestyle he built up around him, he had become the perfect man. If he just settled to one woman.