Five Years

I was sitting quietly in the infirmary reading over a progress report from Hoodie, I had personally set up a system for the three of them and for the past two years it's been going good, Masky's no longer allowed to take his medication without Hoodie or Skully being present, in fact, those pills never leave Skully at this point, he kind of hoards them, but that works with me, I heard a door nearby open and I looked over, Masky came out of a room with Smiley.
"Everything seems to be normal enough." He said, "Just keep on your usual schedule and everything should stay that way."
Skully jumped up from a chair near me and quickly wrapped his arms around Masky, he said nothing and wrapped his arm around him.
"Let's go find Brian and tell him the good news!" He said happily.
"Yeah." Masky agreed.
It was nice seeing them get along as well as they were, and I was glad I was the one to get him out of his addiction, I quietly watched as the two of them left, I then looked back down at the report before I slipped it into Masky's folder, just as I slipped the folder into the filing cabinet the door opened, I looked up to see BEN.
"Toby needs help containing your daughter." He smiled.
I sighed as I got up.
"Where?" I asked.
He pointed down the hall, I left the room and could hear yelling in the living room, I followed the sound and found Toby using his foot to pin Lexus to the wall while he was holding Josh tightly, all three of them were yelling and shouting at one another, I stood there evaluating the situation for a moment before I stepped in.
"Lexus, Josh." I started.
They all shut up and quickly looked at me.
"Do you mind telling me what's going on?" I asked.
"Mommy!" Lexus screamed, "Daddy's being mean! He's not letting go!"
"Daddy has a reason for that." I said, "Tell me what happened."
Both Josh and Lexus began talking and shouting, damn was I happy I had a head full of demons, I could actually understand what both of them were saying.
"Alright!" I shouted.
They both went dead quiet, I pointed at Josh.
"You need to quit pushing Lexus." I said.
Lexus giggled, I quickly pointed at her.
"You need to stop punching." I growled, "Otherwise I'm putting you both in gay baby jail."
"No!" They both shouted, "Jeff's room smells bad!"
I walked over and gently pat Toby's shoulder.
"Let me handle it." I said.
Toby let Josh go and I grabbed him before he could get away, he then moved his foot and I snatched Lexus.
"You two need to behave." I said, "Quit fighting so much, otherwise we're separating you two, no more playing."
"No!" They both whined as they hugged.
"He's my best friend!" Lexus claimed.
"And she's mine!" Josh added.
"Really now?" I asked, "Cause, to me, it seems like you two hate each other with a passion."
They began trying to claim they were friends, I let them go and they just continued to hug each other and cry, I folded my arms and watched them, I looked at Toby slightly to see he was trying his best not to laugh, I looked back at the kids.
"You seem really persistent that you're friends." I said, "And yet you two fight just about every day."
I noticed something on Josh's arm, I grabbed his arm and looked at it, both of them seemed to panic as I pushed his sleeve up, I glared down at Lexus.
"You bit him?" I asked.
"Seriously?!" Toby asked angrily, "I told you to stop that!"
I sighed as I rubbed my forehead.
"I can't believe you..." I mumbled.
"I'm sorry..." She said sadly.
I turned around and began walking away.
"I said sorry!" Lexus shouted, "Mommy, I'm sorry!"
I just shook my head as I continued to leave.
"No Jack!" Josh shouted, "Don't be mad at Lexi."
"Lexi?" I asked.
They were both quiet, I sighed as I turned around again.
"Goodnight Lexus." I said, "Goodnight Toby."
Neither of them said anything as I walked away, boy, was she in trouble now.

I was sitting at my desk in the room as I just finished up on something, I heard the door open and I looked over to see Toby, he made his way over to me.
"Lexus is upset that you're upset." He said.
"I told her not to bite." I said, "I'm annoyed that she's biting."
He gently rubbed my back and shoulders.
"She is a cannibal." He said.
"Yes, I know, but she knows better." I said, "If she keeps biting Josh then Liu and Jane are going to get involved."
I looked at him slightly.
"I really do believe them when they say they're best friends." I said, "But Liu and Jane can stop that at any time."
I sighed heavily as I leaned against the desk.
"I really am trying." I said, "I want her to be happy, but goddamn..."
"Don't overwork yourself." He said.
"I'm not trying to." I said.
He continued to rub my back.
"What's something you'd tell her?" He asked.
"That life isn't that forgiving..." I replied, "I know better than to try and protect her from it, but I just want to give her one more year at least."
I sighed as I laid on my desk.
"I feel like I'm failing." I mumbled.
"She'll understand." Toby said, "You should talk to her about it."
I sighed again, he leaned down and gently kissed my face, I looked at him.
"She'll understand." Toby said, "She acts a lot older than she is."
I sighed, knowing he was right, she has one demon in her head right now who she's been calling Henry.
"But will she listen?" I asked, "Will Henry listen?"
"I don't know about Henry, but Lexus will." He assured me, "And seeing how much she acts like you Henry will listen."
I took a deep breath.
"I don't want to lose her." I pushed myself up slightly, "I don't want her to be sent away."
"I don't think she's going to be sent away." He assured me.
"She can be!" I argued, "I had been many times, she can be too... maybe not forever but I don't want her to go through what I did."
I looked at him slightly.
"I went through hell whenever I was sent away." I said, "I don't want her to go through it."
I leaned against my elbows as I rested my head in my hands.
"I really do want to help her." I said, "I want her to understand that's what I'm trying to do."
Toby looked away slightly.
"Do you got that?" He asked.
I looked at the door to see Lexus, she looked really sad, I gave Toby a dirty look, Lexus ran over to me and hugged my arm.
"Oh, Mommy, I'm sorry." She started, "I didn't mean to make you that upset."
I couldn't help but smile slightly.
"It's okay." I said softly as I rubbed her head, "Just try and stay out of trouble."
Toby seemed really happy, he leaned down and kissed me, Lexus whined and tugged on my arm.
"What?" I asked as I looked down at her.
She puckered up as she pointed at her face.
"Kiss." She requested.
I shook my head at her.
"Misbehaved girls don't get kisses." I said as I covered Toby's mouth, "So no."
She whined.
"I'll stop letting Henry bite!" She claimed, "I wanna kiss!"
"You'll stop biting?" I asked as I folded my arms.
"Yes." She claimed.
"And you won't fight with Josh anymore?" I asked sternly.
"Yes!" She nodded vigorously.
I kissed her forehead.
"You'll get more when you can prove it."

[And thus, the official end, I'll be marking this book as complete now! Yay!]