Slight Trouble

I had finished up with looking over Toby and I was satisfied to find he didn't have any foreign bodies inside his, I was holding him on my lap gently rubbing his arms and head in an attempt to comfort him, he was so visibly upset about the fact he was molested and it upset me too, I knew I was lulling him to sleep but I felt he kind of deserved it, I knew he was really stressed out by the situation and was still shaken up, I gently kissed his cheek and I could just barely see him smile, but he went quiet, I just continued to hold him, I heard the door open and I looked over, it was Masky and Hoodie, Masky looked disappointed.
"Why did you take off and lie to Skully?" He asked.
"I had to make sure Toby was okay." I said, "I don't really care about anything else."
I looked back down at Toby who was lazily drifting off to sleep in my arms, he was somewhat drooling on my shoulder, I just gently rubbed his head again.
"I got too worried after hearing what happened with the branch..." I said quietly, "I just wanted to make sure he wasn't going to die."
The two of them looked at each other, then looked back at me.
"And he's alright?" Masky asked.
"He's fine physically." I said, "Though this whole thing just fucked his psyche more than it already was."
Neither of them said anything for a moment before they left, I just continued to comfort Toby, I started gently pushing my thumb into his ribs, I was checking his lungs, I knew the human body far better than even Smiley, I can usually tell when an organ or vital part of the body was giving out just by pressing my fingers into pressure points, and I can detect diseases just by the taste of someone's blood, I was happy to find that his lungs were doing good, he was breathing fine and they were in good working order, that's when I began pushing more pressure points to check the rest of his body, he was squirming slightly but I had to keep going, he whined slightly so I stopped for a second and rubbed his back, he sat there twitching on my lap for a minute before he started calming down again, I then started pressing on him again, he was drooling again, I knew how hard it was to actually swallow with tubes down your throat, so I just let him drool, once I was finally done I just continued to hold him, I probably needed to take a blood sample just to make sure he's not getting an infection, I felt him pinch my sides and I looked down at him, his eyes were open slightly and his hands were now traveling my sides, I gently pulled him closer and rubbed his head.
"Are you doing okay?" I asked.
He nodded slowly, I knew he was already on a bit of medication for his condition which was probably why he's been so damn tired.
"Good." I said, "That's good..."
He continued to pinch my sides, I knew this was some sort of coping behavior, it gives him something to keep his mind off of something that was bothering him, it wasn't hurting me so I just let him continue, he was still drooling but I could deal with that as well, after a minute he actually fell asleep, I laid him down so he'd be more comfortable, I then got up to take a blood sample.
(His blood is already tainted.)
(He's got demon blood flowing through him because of you.)
(So normal blood tests will do absolute shit.)
I just nodded, I kind of figured I'd have to do it by taste anyway, I barely notice the demon aspects of my blood, I grabbed a needle and went over to him, all I did was prick his finger, that's all I needed, I didn't need to draw any blood, I got a bit of my disinfecting goo into m mouth and then coated my tongue, I then licked the blood off his finger, I let it sit on my tongue in my mouth for a moment as I evaluated his blood, there was a slight infection, and seeing as how faint it was I was guessing it was coming from his left leg, I pulled his finger out of my mouth and began checking his leg, I was discouraged when I found a small abscess under his skin.
(Don't worry about that, we've got it under control, it'll disappear in an hour.)
"Thanks..." I whispered.
I heard the door open and I looked over to see BEN.
"I got the phone." He waved it slightly.
"Where was it?" I asked as I got up, "You guys checked the area Toby was in over ten times, right?"
"Yeah, it wasn't there." BEN replied, "We found it about a mile away."
I was quiet, this was getting suspicious.
"Could it have been that dog?" He suggested.
"I highly doubt it." I replied, "I feel like the culprit moved it..."
I remembered the phone being knocked from Toby's hand and someone answering and hanging up again, I was certain it wasn't Toby fumbling about, meaning that this phone could have clues, I held my hand out to BEN.
"Let me see." I said.
He gave me the phone and I began looking over it, the only people I knew held this phone since the incident was LJ, BEN, Toby, and I.
"Did anyone else hold the phone?" I asked.
He shook his head.
"Just LJ and I." He said.
I looked at it closely, there was a bloody fingerprint on it, it was either Toby's or someone else's, although I was certain it was Toby's blood, I quickly went off and began getting the fingerprint off, I stayed quiet as I did that, once I got the print off I set it to the side.
"Thanks, BEN." I said, "We're one step closer to finding out who did this."
He smiled.
"No problem." He said, "I didn't realize how much it sucked around here without you until you were gone."
He began to leave.
"I wanna avoid that now."
I was honestly flattered by his words, but I had to ignore that for now, I had more important things to do, I went over to Toby and began taking his fingerprints, the finger I had pricked was already mostly healed, I had done such little damage it barely shows, once I got what I needed I compared it to the one I found, it was a good lead seeing that it didn't match any of Toby's, my fingerprints don't look like normal ones, they kind of look like some weird rune you'd find in a video game, BEN's fingertips are waterlogged so they don't really look natural, and Laughing Jack doesn't have fingerprints because he's just a figment of imagination, meaning this fingerprint belonged to the culprit, I knew I had to get this information to the proxies as quickly as possible, although I couldn't help but worry about what might happen to me when this information reaches them.