Proxy Business

Everyone was heading to a clearing near the lake in the forest, we were training like usual when Slender suddenly called everyone away, both Toby and I were nervous, we weren't sure what was going to happen, we reached the clearing to see just about everyone else was there, Slender was waiting patiently for everyone, once we got close enough he seemed pleased.
"Now that you are all here, there's something important I need to talk to you about." He said as he looked down at all of us.
I glanced at Toby nervously, he didn't seem nearly as nervous as me.
"There is going to be a meeting between the Prime Creepypastas, including myself and Zalgo, in a couple of days." He continued, "While this meeting is happening there will be multiple different Creepypastas from multiple different locations in the forest to visit."
BEN quickly raised his hand.
"Yes?" Slender asked.
"Is Red and Silver coming?" He asked.
"Yes." Slender replied.
BEN threw his arm in the air triumphantly, Slender turned his attention to his proxies.
"As for the proxies, they are going to perform their capabilities to the others." He said.
He turned to Toby and I could feel his energy change, now he was really nervous.
"This will be your introduction as a proxy." He said seriously, "I expect a high-quality performance from you."
Toby swallowed hard as he stood awkwardly, I felt a bit bad for him, he just had a bunch of weight put on his shoulders.
"You are dismissed." He said.
I grabbed Toby's arm and began to drag him off, once I reached my usual training area I let him go and turned to him.
"Don't overthink this." I said sternly as I folded my arms, "It'll only eat you."
"I can't n-not think a-about it!" He shouted.
"I said don't overthink." I said as I lightly hit his head, "If you worry too much it'll drive you crazy."
"I h-have all r-reason t-to worry!" He protested.
"Why?" I asked.
"I m-might do s-something wrong!" He shouted as he pulled down her mouthguard, "Y-ya know, f-fuck up?! Like u-usual?!"
"Toby, I rarely see you fuck up." I said as I gently placed my hand on his head, "Even though everyone else says you do it all the time I just don't see it."
He was quiet as he looked down, I rubbed his head slightly.
"Alright, how about we just go ask one of the other proxies?" I asked, "I'm sure after we find out what's going to happen you'll calm down."
He was quiet as he looked away, he was obviously thinking.
"Okay..." He said quietly.
I grabbed his arm again and began to drag him off, as we wandered around I spotted Kate, I quickly dragged Toby over to her, causing her to jump slightly as he nearly hit her, I pulled him to a stop just before he hit her.
"Do you mind explaining some things?" I asked.
"Um... sure." She said, "What do you need?"
"So what exactly is the performance?" I asked, "Like... what does Toby have to do?"
"What he usually does when either training or going on a mission." Kate said, "He just has to basically attack a dummy like he would an actual person."
"Does he have to talk at all?" I asked.
"Not usually." Kate replied, "Our Master is supposed to do that."
"Is there anything important he needs to do or know about it?" I asked.
She was quiet.
"Well, there is the forte." She said.
"Forte?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's basically our special feature or ability." She said, "I have high stamina and can run for about six miles now without getting tired, Masky has a special mind and body connection with our Master, and Hoodie's a human lie detector."
"What would Toby's be?" I asked.
"Probably the fact he can't feel pain." She said, "At least that's what I'd assume."
I looked at Toby.
"Do you think you can handle all that?" I asked.
"Y-yeah..." He said.
I felt a little concerned, I looked back at Kate.
"Does he have to show off the forte?" I asked.
"He'll have to with him." She said, "Seeing as how this is an introduction everyone has to see his full potential, so a forte will have to be shown, the rest of us don't have to show it."
"So... he has to get hurt?" I asked.
She looked mildly upset as she nodded.
"Afraid so." She said, "But it'll be fine, we'll have medics on standby, including you."
"So everyone gets to see the proxies perform?" I asked.
"Yup." She said, "We have to do it in front of everyone."
"Okay." I said, "Thanks."
I quickly grabbed Toby again and started to lead him away, once we reached the area again I pulled him into a hug.
"Don't overthink it." I said, "You can't feel pain anyways, you'll be fine."
"I don't c-care if I c-can't feel pain!" He complained as he tried to push away from me, "I s-still don't l-like it!"
I attempted to hold him still.
"I get nervous in front of people!" Toby shouted, "I'll mess up and h-hurt someone else!"
"Look at me!" I demanded as I held his head still, forcing him to look me in the eyes, "You will be fine."
He was quiet as he stared at me, he looked distressed.
"H-how do y-you know...?" He asked quietly.
"Because I'm going to be right there in the front for you." I said calmly, "If you get nervous just look at me, and no matter what happens I'll always be there for you, I'll help."
I pulled him into a hug.
"I'm never leaving your side again." I said softly, "You are not a fuck up, and you are not annoying."
I rubbed his head slightly.
"Everything will be fine." I soothed, "You'll be okay..."
He wrapped his arms around me, I gently pat his back, I knew he was still nervous but I was going to be there for him, I was going to be what he needed me to be, no matter what it was, I cared about him far too much.
"Do you feel better?" I asked softly.
"Y-yeah." He said as he let me go slightly, "I feel better."
"Good." I said as I let him go, "Now, let's go find Masky and see if he can give us some tips on what we should do."
"We?" He asked.
"Yes, you as a proxy, and me as a supporter." I said.
"Okay." He said softly, "L-lets go."