Acceptance Fee

I was actually in the shower right now, I had been covered in blood because what they didn't tell me was that there were four bodies I had to examine before I was done, some more decayed than the others, I just hoped those were victims and not patients from here, that would be a huge concern of mine if their patients were dying at this kind of rate, I sighed as I stood there silently, I turned off the water and stepped out silently, I grabbed the towel I was provided and began drying myself off, as I was drying off I stopped and looked at my stomach, it looked... different.
I jumped when I heard a knock on the door.
"I'm almost done." I hurried up.
I quickly finished up drying off and started getting dressed, once I was done I left the room, I saw Ann and Smiley were in there now, along with Slender, Peyton was there along with a few others I didn't recognize, I just went over to the chair next to Smiley's and sat down.
"All of you were quite intriguing." One of the other doctors said, he was wearing a plague doctor's uniform, "It appears they all were well taught."
"Though, Dr. Smiley's previous history with Thetmis is a bit concerning." Peyton added.
"Ann has a very interesting way to go about medical practices, something I can personally admire." The third one added, "Her technique may show new potential to our methods."
"Smiley has a vast knowledge of every medical practice." The plague doctor said, "Though you have a point about his history, Dr. Peyton."
Smiley just nodded, staying surprisingly calm.
"Eyeless Jack was very interesting to watch." Peyton suddenly said, "When I began to test him by requesting specific parts he was able to identify and locate them all within seconds of me asking."
I just stayed quiet.
"He has an amazing amount of strength, he carried all four bodies I presented to him on his own out to the dump." He continued, "He found the cause to each death without using any of the presented equipment as well, he used his own vast knowledge of the human body and his cannibalistic diet to identify any diseases that they may have had."
He looked at everyone else.
"He even pinpointed that one of the victims had cancer in their leg." He said, "I'm easily impressed by him."
Damn it, I didn't want to be praised.
"Is that so?" One of the others asked.
Now they were all staring at me, I tried not to shrink off into nothing as they stared at me.
"It will take a while to decide who we'll want." One said, "We'll send you word if we accepted one of your medics."
"Of course." Slender agreed, "We shall be on our way."

I silently walked into the house, in total we've been gone for a week, I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep, but first I wanted to check in on Toby, but then again we share a room so I just have to go there to see him, I went off to the bedroom and went in to see the blob of Toby under my blankets, I guess he was missing me, I went off and changed before I went back to the bed, I moved the blankets and slipped in, I got comfortable next to Toby, I closed my eyes and got ready to sleep, after a minute of laying there Toby moved and eventually straightened himself out and wrapped his arms around me, I opened my eyes again and looked down at him, he was slightly awake and somewhat looking around, he looked back at me and stared for a second before he sat up over me.
"Good god." I panicked slightly.
"I'm so g-glad you're b-back!" He said.
"Yeah, I'm back, calm down." I said.
He somewhat laid on top of me and snuggled close, I gently reached up and rubbed his head.
"I'm fine." I assured him, "Nothing happened while I was gone."
He was laying there happily with me gently rubbing my sides, I gently rubbed his back as he kissed my cheek.
"I'm fine." I repeated, "I'm just tired."
He sighed as he laid on me again, I kissed his face slightly, we then both laid there quietly until Toby eventually fell asleep, after a while of sitting there I gently wrapped my arms around him and rolled over so he wasn't laying on top of me anymore, I rubbed his back slightly before I actually got up and went to the bathroom, I was feeling a bit nauseous again, I sat on the bathroom floor silently next to the toilet for a while in silence, I slowly turned my head toward the other door in the room, I honestly didn't know who was living in there with BEN now, Liu and Jane had moved in with each other at this point and were beginning a family, I sighed as I leaned against the toilet.
I was really starting to worry about Hoodie, it looked like they were trying to brainwash the poor guy, and the way he looked when I saw him was concerning as well, what were they doing to him there? Was he even safe at all? what were they planning on doing to him...? Ugh, my head hurts...
(Something's not right...)
(Your body is acting differently than we're used to.)
(Dude, so many things are weird now.)
(You remember us saying that we feel what you feel?)
(Welp, all of us are feeling something different.)
(It's not natural.)
(At least, we don't think it is.)
I'm sure it's just caused by all the walking we were doing and all the stress I've been through, I just hope I don't end up at Thetmis, whether it's as an employee or patient.
(But Brain...)
(Shh! We don't need him being subjected to that!)
They were now shushing and arguing, I just sighed again as I leaned over the toilet, I desperately didn't want to be forced to torture people to the point they dread what was going to happen to them, I didn't want to be the cause of pain like that, this whole thing was stressful.
And I really don't want to be separated from Toby, I can't live normally without him at this point.