Fighting For Freedom

I had been spending a lot of time taking care of Toby, most of my time was spent in the infirmary making sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed and didn't get bored out of his mind, Toby and I were playing shoots and ladders on his lap when the door opened, I looked over as Masky and Skully walk in.
"Hey." I said, "What's up?"
"We need to compare you to Kage." Masky said.
I looked at Toby slightly before I got up, I began following Masky as Skully started heading over to Toby.
"I'll keep an eye on him." Skully said, "Good luck, guys."
I quickened my pace to reach Masky's side, I was a tad worried about what was going to happen but I knew this was for the best, I was lead to the living room where I saw Slender, Zalgo, Kage, and Sadie waiting for us, I just stayed quiet as Masky lead me over to Slender.
"This is dumb..." Kage muttered.
"Shut. Up." Masky ordered.
He growled slightly but didn't try to argue again, Masky looked toward the stairs and that's when I saw Hoodie standing there, he just gave Masky a nod and he looked back at Kage.
"So two days ago Jack said you were in the forest." Masky said, "Why?"
"I was picking flowers for my girlfriend." He replied.
Masky looked at Hoodie, he nodded again.
"That's a little out of character for you." Masky said.
"Sometimes I actually want to be romantic." He said, "I know daisies grow a lot in this forest and it's her favorite flower."
Masky looked back at Hoodie and he nodded again.
"And you did see both Jack and Toby that day?" Masky asked.
"Yeah, I stumbled across Jack while he was being smothered by cats." He said, "Then after a minute the goggled guy jumped on him out of a tree and complained about a cow."
Hoodie nodded again, indicating that he was telling the truth.
"Did you see Toby at all after the two of them left?" Masky asked.
"No." He replied, "I finished up and brought Sadie her flowers."
Hoodie sighed quietly, I just stayed quiet and turned my eyes away, Masky came over to me and held up some sort of fleshy thing.
"Bite it." He ordered.
I didn't argue at all and bit the fleshy surface, it wasn't human obviously and I personally think it was a pig, it didn't have any blood so I wasn't too sure of it, I didn't take a chunk at all because they obviously just wanted my teeth, Masky then took it over to Kage.
"Bite it." He ordered him.
Kage huffed angrily, but grabbed his mask and took it off, he actually looked a lot like me, aside from the fact his skin was a shade darker and he still had eyes, I couldn't identify their color, he let out a slight hiss and I saw his teeth were pointed like mine, he bit the carcass without argument, once Masky got it back him, Slender, and Zalgo all left the room.
"I don't understand why I'm here." Kage complained.
I stayed quiet, I had no reason to say anything to him, I heard my phone ping so I quickly pulled it out, I saw I got a text from Toby, I felt super confused because no one was able to find Toby's phone, my stomach churned as I opened the message, but I was fucking worried about shit, it was a selfie of Laughing Jack, Jane, Clockwork, and BEN all posing like dorks, they must have just found his phone, I got a text after that.
[Guess what we just found???] It read.
[You guys are dweebs.] I texted back, [Thanks for finding it.]
[Lol] They texted back.
"What's going on?" Hoodie asked.
"The guys found Toby's phone." I replied, "They sent me a picture."
He just nodded, I slipped my phone back into my pocket and stayed quiet.
(We have a problem.) It was Greed.
What's going on?
(Toby's been really persistent that we tell you what happened.)
What happened?
(Well, we really felt like Toby should have told you...)
(But fuck it.)
(It's common knowledge at this point that Toby can't feel pain.)
(Whoever attacked him wanted him to suffer as much as possible.)
What happened to Toby...?
(He was molested with a tree branch.)
(They knew he couldn't feel physical pain, so they tried a mental route.)
They did... what?
(Toby was very persistent that we tell you.)
(Whoever did it didn't want to do it themselves, they purposely used the branch to do that.)
(Toby also said it wasn't teeth that bit him, it felt more like some sort of beartrap.)
(I don't think Kage would sexually molest Toby with a tree branch.)
(He's not that kind of man.)
I sighed, then looked over at Hoodie.
"Can I talk to you privately?" I asked.
He was quiet for a moment before he nodded, I quickly went over to him and very quietly told him everything the demons told me, of course since that happened I had to tell him that I gave Toby some of my blood to help him recover, he was quiet as I told him, once I was done he just nodded, acknowledging my story, I silently walked away and watched as Hoodie left, that's when I turned my attention to Kage.
"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked.
He glared at me silently, I sighed as I looked away from him.
"Look, I know that we don't like each other and we don't get along, but..." I trailed off, "But I don't think you're at fault for what happened."
I folded my arms quietly.
"I don't think you would do what happened, even if you were trying to get me in trouble." I said, "You're not that kind of guy."
"What happened?" Sadie asked, "We don't even know, no one told us."
"Toby was attacked two nights ago." I said, "We don't know who did it, and Toby's really hurt about it, and they tried to make it look like I did it."
I lowered my head slightly.
"That's why you're here, really." I said, "We're just trying to figure out who did it."
"Dear god..." Sadie breathed.
I went quiet, I was really upset about everything I learned, I really wanted to beat the shit out of whoever attacked him, but for now, I can't do anything, not without any sort of clue on who did it, I sighed sadly as I wandered off slightly to try and think, who would want to attack Toby? Sure I heard that he could be a little annoying but I've never seen him act like this, and Masky personally thanked me because Toby had stopped being as annoying because he spent more time with me and I generally kept him entertained, I began pacing slightly as I tried to think, this person knew that Toby couldn't feel pain, and they knew he was going to be out there that night, but they obviously didn't know that Hoodie was a human lie detector, they either really didn't like me or they didn't like Toby, and if he got attacked because of me...
"Oh my god, that's horrible..." I heard Sadie whisper.
"Shh." Kage hushed her.
I just kept my attention away from them, I wanted to go sit with Toby and check him over again, just to make sure he wasn't highly damaged from the branch, I was slowly getting more and more worried, he could have bark or slivers stuck somewhere unpleasant and just can't feel it, he could get an infection somewhere that could kill him or permanently damage him, I knew I should wait but I couldn't help myself, I began heading off to the infirmary again.
"Where are you going?" Kage asked.
"I need to check on Toby." I said, "Paranoia."
Neither of them said anything as I left, I went into the infirmary to see Skully was doing who-fucking-knows-what while Toby was watching in mute horror, all I knew was that Skully was laying on the floor with his foot behind his head, making weird noises, he kind of sounded like a moose.
"Okay, what the fuck?" I asked.
"Oh, hey." Skully cut himself off, "Is it all done?"
"Yeah." I lied, "You can go now."
"Sweet." He got up, "Later."
I watched as he left, I went back over to Toby and sat down next to him.
"Molested?" I asked quietly.
He immediately looked upset as he turned his head down, he nodded slightly, I gently cradled his face, he looked up at me with his sad eyes.
"Are you okay?" I asked, "Was it inside your body at all?"
He was doing his best to keep his eyes off me, I remembered he couldn't talk, I pulled his face a bit closer, making him look back at me.
"Was it in your body?" I repeated my question.
He turned his attention away again, but nodded, I pulled him close and gently rubbed his head.
"That bastard..." I muttered, "I swear..."
I sighed as I pet him, then gently pushed him away.
"I'm going to make sure nothing was left in there, okay?" I asked, "I don't need you getting infected."
He nodded in agreement, I knew this was going to get uncomfortable and awkward but I had to make sure, so I did what I needed to.