Subconscious Actions

I slowly opened my eyes, I was quickly greeted by a sight I wish I didn't see.
Toby was underneath me crying, I was using my legs to pin his to the bed and one of my hands were pinning his above his head, the shirt he had worn to bed was slightly torn and I could tell he struggled with me a lot before I had finally pinned him, my free hand was pushing two fingers on his abdomen about where his kidney would be, he was sobbing heavily as he was still trying to push me off, his eyes were squeezed shut, my breathing hitched once I realized what I was about to do, I moved my hand away from his abdomen and loosened my grip on his wrists, he slowly opened his eyes and glanced at me, he looked absolutely terrified...
something I never wanted to see.
I pushed myself off of him and onto the floor, now my hands were shaking, I pushed myself off the floor and went over to my bed, I knew just what I had to do, I climbed into my bed and kicked the blankets out of my way, I quickly reached into my nightstand and grabbed a chain, I then pulled out a pair of heavy shackles, I wrapped the chain around my metal headboard twice before I shackled myself, it was tight but that's just how it had to be, I used my legs to cover myself up a bit before I could reach it with my hands, I then pulled it up over my head, hiding in my own shame, I had only done this once before while Puppeteer was sharing a room with me, afterward he wanted a room change.
I tensed up when I felt someone sit next to me on the bed, I clenched my fists as I gritted my teeth, I was hoping it wasn't someone Toby ran and got, otherwise I'd be at another loss, this was my last chance...
"Jack...?" I heard Toby ask quietly from next to me.
"Go back to bed." I said, "I'm fine."
He didn't say anything, but he didn't move either.
"Just go back to bed..." I said quietly, "I can't... do anything now..."
He still didn't move, nor did he say anything.
"Toby, just leave me alone." I said, feeling slightly frustrated, "Go, run, get someone to save you, whatever, just leave me alone!"
He still didn't move, I gritted my teeth again, he was getting to me... he was getting through my wall...
I have no clue how long I laid there for with Toby sitting next to me, I was starting to tremble, but I didn't know the reason, I curled into the fetal position.
"Toby, please..." I said quietly, "Please..."
I was really starting to shake now, I was becoming vulnerable, he still didn't move and I was beginning to wonder if that even was him, I did my best to hold back sobs, I could feel myself bleeding from where my nails had dug into my palms, I covered my mouth when a single sob found it's way out.
"There." I heard Toby say, "That's what I w-was waiting f-for."
I gritted my teeth more, he wanted me to cry?!
I couldn't yell at him to leave me alone because I knew I would cry as soon as I opened my mouth, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I quickly moved away, it followed me, he rubbed my shoulder slightly.
"You know, it can k-kinda be unhealthy t-to not cry when n-needed." He said quietly.
I attempted to kick him off my bed, I kept missing and it kind of pissed me off, Toby wasn't backing away either.
"Toby, go away!" I shouted finally, "Leave me alone! Let me cry in peace, damnit!"
I couldn't believe it, he actually got through to me, I was starting to sob, he was still sitting next to me but pulled his hand away when I shouted, I was shaking and was starting to feel sick.
"I'm sorry..." I sobbed, "I don't know why I do that... I can't control it..."
My sobs slowly worsened, my mouth felt a little dry and my shaking grew worse.
"I'm..." I was cut off.
"You were t-trying to get my k-kidney..." Toby said quietly.
I dug my nails into my hands again, causing me to bleed more, I could have really hurt him... potentially killing him...
"You said you c-can't control it, right?" Toby asked, "M-maybe it's your s-subconscious trying to say s-something."
I stopped digging my nails into my hand, my eyes were slightly wide.
"Y-you didn't eat today, r-right?" He asked, "Maybe y-your subconscious was t-trying to feed you...?"
I bit my bottom lip, piercing it with my sharp teeth, now that I was thinking it probably was that, how did he figure that out?!
"Jack...?" Toby asked again, "Are you okay?"
I didn't reply, Toby was a lot smarter than we all gave credit for, the fact that he'd figure out my problem when I was too panicked to realize myself.
He finally stood up, I couldn't hear him moving around because of all my crying.
"Ew." I heard Toby say quietly.
I had no clue what he was doing, I jumped slightly when I felt him sit back down next to me, he poked my back.
"Here." He said.
I didn't know what he had, I laid motionless for a moment before I slowly rolled over, I peeked out of the blanket to see he had a kidney in his hand.
"Here." He repeated, "Then you won't have to be chained down."
I felt as if I was going to cry again, why was he boing so nice to me?! I just attacked him, and yet he doesn't want me to be chained up?!
I slowly began to sit up, my lower lip quivering slightly, Toby immediately noticed my lip bleeding, I could tell, I reached over and took the kidney from him.
"Your hand's b-bleeding." He said as he grabbed my arm.
I didn't say anything as I looked away, I silently took a bite of the kidney, I kept my gaze away from him until he grabbed my other hand, I looked at him as he opened it and looked, he was examining it closely, he looked up at me slightly.
"Do you u-usually dig your n-nails into your own s-skin?" He asked.
I looked away from him again, taking another bite, he jumped up quickly and ran over to the dresser, he snatched something from off the top of it and ran back, jumping back onto the bed, I noticed that he had bandages with him, he grabbed my free hand and began to bandage it, I looked away once again to finish my meal, once Toby was done he waited patiently for me to finish before he started to bandage my other hand, once he was done the two of us just sat there quietly, I had my head low, staring at my freshly bandaged hands.
"Where's the key?"
I looked up at him.
"For the c-cuffs." He pointed at my shackles, "Where's the key? Is it in th-the drawer too?"
I just lowered my head again, he sat there silently.
"Jack?" He asked.
"I just nearly cut you open and stole your kidney." I said, "Why would you want me unshackled?"
He was quiet.
"Because they m-made you cry..." He replied quietly.
"They didn't make me cry, you did." I snarled.
He didn't seem scared this time, but he did seem upset about something, I softened my glare at him slightly.
"It's because I kn-know what you go through." Toby finally spoke up, "I've h-heard enough stories f-from Masky and Hoodie and I kn-know what's going on."
He was starting to mess with the hem of his torn nightshirt, he was getting antsy.
"I don't th-think it's f-fair..." He said quietly.
I laid down again, facing away from him.
"Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, Toby." I said, "In fact, for some, it's never that way."
He was silent.
"You need to learn that no matter how much you try, there are just some people you can't help." I said, "They'd probably be better of gone."
"You s-sound like Masky." He said quietly.
My heart winced.
"He's always t-telling me that..." Toby said quietly, "He k-keeps telling me to grow u-up and stop f-fantasizing."
I didn't say anything, I was done with him, I heard him rummage around slightly, I just did my best to ignore him, soon I felt him lean over me and grab one of the shackles on my arm, he tried to unlock it with a key.
"Stop." I said as I quickly pulled away from him.
"You stop." Toby said as he pushed on my face, "I'm trying to help."
"Well, you're not!" I said angrily, "Get off me!"
He placed his knee between my legs and I was immediately pissed off, I tried to kick him off me.
"Get off!" I shouted.
He quickly covered my mouth.
"You know you're not the only one who gets pissed off when you're woken up." Toby said, "Now hold still."
I continued to attempt to push him off and I kept moving so he couldn't unlock the shackles, I finally struggled away enough to get my mouth out from under his hand.
"Seriously, stop!" I growled out lowly.
He stopped and glared at me, I glared right back.
"If I say it comforts me, will you stop?!" I asked angrily.
"It does not!" Toby protested quietly back to me.
"It does!" I argued.
Toby let out a growl and I quickly growled back, he shoved his fingers into my eye socket, I flinched in slight pain.
"Toby!" I snapped.
"Hold still!" He snapped back.
Now I was really pissed, I moved my head and bit into his arm, he barely reacted, but he did glare at me.
"Get off." I growled.
"No." He protested.
"Why?!" I asked.
"Because I d-don't feel safe with you ch-chained up." He said seriously.
I glared at him slightly.
"Why?!" I asked angrily.
"I don't know." He said, he didn't stutter at all this time, "I just don't know, okay?!"
The both of us just glared at each other.
"This doesn't a-actually c-comfort you, does i-it?" He asked.
I turned my head away from him, slightly burying it into my pillow.
"If..." I trailed off, "If I'm tied down..."
I stopped talking, Toby waited patiently.
"I'm... not as dangerous..." I finished, "I can't... hurt people..."
Toby was quiet, I felt one of the shackles loosen and I quickly looked at him, he was starting to undo the other one.
"Well, you're dangerous." Toby agreed, "But I don't think you can hurt me."
I went to protest.
(Jack, he can't feel pain.)
I shut my mouth, I didn't argue as he unlocked the other one and took it off, he put them away and finally got off me, he sat at the edge of the bed in silence, I kept my attention away from him.
"Are you g-going to be okay?" He asked.
I was silent for a moment.
"Yeah..." I said quietly, "Yeah..."
He sat for a minute longer before he finally got up, I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, it was silent for a while.
"Don't talk about this." I said.
"I won't." He said.