Wanting To Help

I was changing out the Hoodie's IV, I actually felt kind of bad for him, according to Dr. Smiley he's in a stress-induced coma, he probably fell into it while I was carrying him back, the thought of him facing his problems apparently was just too much for him, I felt really bad now... it was... kind of my fault...
"Jack?" I was pulled from my thoughts.
I looked over at Smiley quietly.
"Are you doing alright?" He asked.
I sighed as I looked back at the IV and continued setting it up.
"I'm just... I'm not a therapist." I said, "I think I made a mistake..."
I could hear him getting up from his desk, I listened as he started coming over.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
I told him about the other night, I was a bit ashamed of it now knowing what my interference did, once I was done I felt Smiley gently place his hand on my shoulder.
"I just wanted to help them." I said, "But I... I guess I just made things worse."
"You didn't do anything wrong." He assured me, "You had good intentions, and if you wouldn't have gotten involved then he just might have had a heart attack."
I looked at him slightly.
"You brought this to our attention." He said, "Which, in turn, probably saved him from a worse fate."
I just stayed quiet as I let the IV go, even though Smiley was trying to comfort me I still felt... awful.
"If you say so..." I mumbled.
I left Hoodie alone and sat at my desk silently, I rubbed my forehead as I felt a headache coming on, I think one of the main reasons I was blaming myself so much was because of my depression, I hadn't seen Masky or Skully at all for the past three days I've been in here, I honestly was expecting to see him in here every hour of every day just to sit next to Hoodie, whatever he was freaking out about the other day might be the reason he's not in here, I heard the door open and I looked over to see Skully coming in, he looked distant and lost, he kept his head low as he slowly wandered over to Hoodie and sat in a chair next to the bed, he absentmindedly reached over and took his hand.
"I'm sorry..." He said quietly.
I felt even worse, I kept my head away but continued to keep my attention on them, Skully looked dead behind the eyes, he took a deep breath before he looked at Hoodie.
"It's... not that bad there." He said, almost like he didn't want to talk, "Everyone there can be... pretty okay."
He looked away again, staring at his shoes.
"And, um..." He trailed off, "Well... Alex..."
He sighed as he lowered his head more.
"I'm sorry...." He was barely audible, "I really did try..."
He reached up and moved his mask before he wiped his cheek with his sleeve, he sniffled slightly as he fixed his mask.
"It'll be okay..." He said quietly.
I turned my attention away from them finally, wherever Skully's talking about sounds like it might be worse than Zalgo's place, although it sounds... personal.
"How was Alex when you last saw him?" Smiley asked.
"I don't want to talk about it." Skully replied quickly, "Shut up."
It immediately fell silent, I heard the door open again and I looked over to see Kate, she glared at Skully.
"Get your ass outta here!" She ordered.
"But-!"
"No!" Kate cut him off, "Get out! Master's orders!"
He sighed sadly as he gently let Hoodie's hand go, he then got up and left quietly, Kate followed him, once they were gone I quickly looked at Smiley.
"Who's Alex?" I asked.
"Alex was a friend of Jay, Tim, and Brian." He replied, "Slender slowly drove each of them into madness, Alex even went as far as shooting Jay."
"Oh." I said quietly.
"He broke Tim's leg at some point, as well." He said, "Of course that was after he became Masky."
I didn't say anything as I looked away, looking back down at the papers in front of me, it was actually kind of a medical test, Smiley had been like a type of mentor for me, giving me tests to do so I'd technically continue on my medical degree, he even graded my papers and would spend time talking to me and teaching things so my vast range of knowledge can expand, I really did appreciate him and the fact he was so willing to teach me about medicine even when no one wanted me taking care of them, I sat there answering questions on the paper silently, I finally finished it off and turned it into a paper airplane, I then threw it at Smiley, that's usually how I gave him the papers back, he quietly looked at the airplane for a second before he picked it up and began looking at the paper, I got out another paper and began writing random things down, after a minute the door opened and I looked up, two people I didn't recognize walked in and began walking over to Hoodie, Smiley quickly got out of their way as they went over.
"Get him unhooked." One ordered, "Now!"
Smiley began disconnecting everything from Hoodie, not even bothering to argue with them, once he was unhooked the two guys picked him up and carried him out of the room.
"Is he going to be okay?" I asked as I looked at Smiley.
"I don't know." He replied, "This is what happened to Jay, and he didn't come back until five years after he was taken."
I felt a bit worried, and it was upsetting knowing him and Skully were being separated despite what Skully begged, but I was going to do my best to support Skully, we were either friends or good acquaintances, I didn't want to jump to any conclusions with our relationship because I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, but he was nice and really fun to be around, he reminded me a lot of Toby, I just really hoped that Skully wouldn't have any more breakdowns, but I guess I'll tell him that if he needs me for any reason he can come find me.