Give Him

I slowly opened my eyes to be staring at the ground, I could feel I still had a muzzle on and I was chained down, I couldn't raise my head, I heard someone walking over.
"Anything?" I heard Masky ask.
"Nope." I heard Skully say next to me, "No movement, no sounds, nothing."
Masky sighed.
"It's been a week." He said, "What's taking so long?"
"Could he actually be dead?" I heard Hoodie ask.
"He's not dead, he's still breathing fine." Skully said, "He just hasn't moved at all."
Questions began plaguing my mind, I wanted to know where Toby was currently and if he was alive and alright, but I couldn't ask any questions with the muzzle on.
(We'll have the Seventh break it off, okay?)
My jaw began to open, stressing the metal rods that made the muzzle, after a moment I heard it crack and pop before it fell loose and my jaw opened all the way, I stretched my jaw with a yawn, I then let out a sigh as I felt control over my jaw again.
"Where is he?" I asked without hesitation.
It was dead silent.
"Answer my question." I demanded, "Where's Toby? Is he okay?"
"Toby's fine." I heard Skully finally say.
I let out a sigh of relief as I allowed myself to relax again.
"How long have you been awake?" Masky asked.
"Only a few seconds, maybe a minute." I replied, "I can't really move, nor could I say anything with the muzzle on."
It was silent again, I still couldn't move my head.
"What happened exactly?" I asked, "I barely remember anything, my head still feels a little foggy."
"Well, we don't really know either." Masky said, "We just found the two of you in the infirmary."
"I mean after you found us." I said, "What happened?"
"You were refusing to leave Toby." Masky said, "Skully had to use Toby's arm to keep you calm enough so he could use the anesthesia on you."
I remembered the pain in my neck while laying with Toby, I let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry." I said quietly, "I wasn't exactly in control then."
"Now can you answer something for us?" Masky asked sternly.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"How did you get out of your restraints?" Masky asked, "And how did Toby end up in there?"
"Toby was the one who let me out." I said, "I think he was saying something about blood, but I'm not entirely sure, my mind was all sorts of fucked up at that time."
It went back to being quiet, I felt sick, I felt my arm twitch before it went numb, it moved suddenly and snapped a few of the chains around me, causing all three of the proxies around me to back up, I then got feeling back in my arm.
(Go find Toby.)
"I gotta go." I said as I began pulling the chains off me, "Bye."
I stood up only to have someone grab the back of my shirt, I stopped and looked back to see it was Hoodie.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"To see Toby." I said as I looked away, "I need to make sure he's okay personally."
I pulled away from his grip and started making my way to the door.
"Should we be letting him leave?" Skully asked, "He's still in a dangerous state."
"We'll just follow him." Masky said, "Just to make sure."
I ignored them as I opened the door and began to leave the infirmary, I went into the living room to see it was the middle of the night, so I knew right where he was, or at least I was certain that's where he was, I began making my way upstairs and eventually reached the bedroom, I opened the door quickly and saw an unidentifiable blob under the blankets, I went over calmly and grabbed his blankets, I quickly pulled them off him and tossed it to the floor, Toby jumped as his eyes shot open, he had tears in them, I flopped down on top of him and buried my face into his chest, I could tell I surprised him just by the way he was laying there not sure what to do, I began to sob slightly.
"I'm so sorry..." I sobbed out, "I'm sorry... sorry..."
He finally embraced me.
"Hey, no, shh." He attempted to soothe me, "It's okay, it's m-my fault."
I sat there sobbing into his chest as he rubbed my back, hushing me in a calm and soothing tone, after a while I began calming down, then I just laid there on top of him, he continued to rub my back.
"Are you okay?" I finally asked.
"I'm fine." Toby said, "I'm m-more worried about y-you."
I let out shaky sighed, slightly burying my face into his chest more.
"I'm fine." I said quietly, "Thank you so much."
I lifted my head to look at him.
"But you could have done that a safer way." I said as I gave him a dirty look, "You could have gotten a surplus of blood from Helen, he always has a bunch."
"No one thought it w-would work." He said as he looked down at me, "I h-had t-to take my own ch-charge, seeing as h-how I w-was the only one who kn-knew what t-to do."
I rested my head on his chest again, now we were both quiet, I looked up at his face slightly to see he was slowly falling back to sleep, I looked over at the door to see all three Proxies were standing and watching silently, I laid with Toby a moment longer before he finally fell asleep again, I slowly slipped out of his arms and onto the floor, I picked up his blanket before I stood up, I gently covered him back up before I started to head back over to the others, once I got close enough they started to get out of my way, I left the room and closed the door behind me.
"You can take me back now." I said as I lowered my head, "I've done what I needed to."
I walked right past them and started to head back downstairs, none of them said anything as they followed me again, I went all the way back to the infirmary and back to the room I was in, I sat back down in the chair and hung my head, I closed my eyes again and took a deep breath through my nose, then let it out in a deep sigh.
"You guys keep an eye on him." Masky said, "I'll be back with Slender."
He then left, I just stayed put with my head low, Skully and Hoodie didn't talk at all as Masky was gone, soon I heard the door open and I sat up straight, looked up as Slender and Masky came in.
"I'm not talking with you while everyone else is still in here." I said seriously, "I know everything you're going to ask is private and I don't want to share that kind of information with everyone."
"Leave us." Slender ordered.
They all left without question, once the door was closed Slender looked down at me, I spoke up before he could say anything.
"I know, I did something wrong but it won't happen again." I assured him, "I have better control over the bastards now."
I quickly began explaining everything, my conversations with the demons, everything they told me, and our agreement about Toby, once I was done I just sat there silently.
"I'm not the one who can call the shots with Toby, that' your job." I said as I lowered my head, "And you've already said that if you see him in any sort of danger you can cut ties between us."
I looked up at him again.
"And if that's your decision, go ahead." I said, "Just be sure to either kill me or send me someplace that will kill me, just so these guys can't hurt anyone else."
I let my head hang fully.
"Cause if no one will kill me, but I can't be near Toby, I just won't make it anyways..." I said quietly, "It's preferred by all of us, in our best interest, to just die if that happens."
It was completely silent as I sat there with my head low, taking deep breaths and trying to keep myself and all the others calm, I heard Slender sigh.
"There will be no more attacks on Toby, correct?" He asked.
"No more attacks." I said, "There's a possibility that he might get hurt, but nothing life-threatening or permanently damaging."
"Then I will not stop you." He said.
I let out a large sigh of relief, letting my shoulders fall from their tensed state.
"Though..."
I looked up at him slightly, feeling my spine strain from how I was sitting.
"You must stop getting into life-threatening situations such as this." He said sternly, "It's the only time you are a distraction to Toby's work, it affects his performance."
"Yessir." I agreed as I lowered my head again, allowing myself to relax again.
He turned around and left, I slid down the chair slightly as I sighed heavily, that was close, maybe just a bit too close, I was honestly surprised he was so understanding of everyone here, especially after I learned most demons don't feel anything aside from what they're given, I sat there silently staring at the ground for a moment, I heard the door open and I looked up to see Skully looking in.
"Why are you still here?" He asked, "Go to bed."
I got up without a word and left, I went back to the bedroom and went right over to Toby's bed, I moved his blankets slightly and slipped under them, I then just laid there with Toby, I would tell him everything in the morning, I won't leave out any detail to him, I rolled over to face him just so I could look at his face, he looked really peaceful, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, I finally closed my eyes and I nuzzled the top of his head.
"I love you too, Toby." I whispered, "I love you, too."