Restless Nights

I opened my eyes slowly and stared blankly at the ceiling, I let out a soft sigh as I closed my eyes again, I was going through sleep paralysis again, it's been happening more often ever since I had started taking something for my depression, but I knew I could live with it, it was better to be like this then as upset as I was, I opened my eyes again and I looked over at Toby, my body was sitting on the edge of his bed looking down at him, my heartbeat quickened as I watched, my body reached down and touched the blob under the blankets, it moved the blankets quickly and I saw Toby jump slightly, he looked up at my body as it pinned his shoulders to the bed, I panicked slightly knowing he was going to be bitten again, my body leaned down and gently rested it head on his chest, fully pulling itself onto the bed and snuggling up to him.
"Jack?" Toby asked quietly, "W-what's wrong?"
Of course, my body didn't say anything, it nuzzled his neck slightly and he turned his head to the side, Toby sighed before he reached up and rubbed the back of my head, my body ran my hands along his sides and arms, Toby moved his hands to the front of my face and made it look up at him.
"Why are you g-guys up...?" He asked.
My body stared blankly at him, it pushed my face from his grasp and rested it forehead on his chest, Toby sighed as he rested his hand on the back of its head again.
"Can you not s-speak any form of English through the b-body?" Toby asked.
My body shook its head.
"Is Jack awake?" He asked.
It nodded, Toby cradled its face again and made it look at him.
"Paralysis?" He asked.
The body nodded again, Toby sighed again as he let the head go, letting it rest on his chest again.
"Are you w-worried about him?" He asked as he rubbed its head again.
It nodded.
"Everything will b-be just fine." Toby assured it, "I know it's s-scary, but it's only a s-side effect, when he c-can get off the medicine then h-he'll stop having it s-so often."
It was silent as they were laying there, my body snuggled close to Toby, I laid back again and closed my eyes, obviously, he knew what was going on but wasn't worried that he was going to be bit, I was now waiting until the paralysis wore off so I could reclaim my body, I could hear slight shuffling from the other bed, I felt a bit faint and opened my eyes, I was now laying with Toby, I let out a sigh as I closed my eyes again.
"Are you b-back?" He asked.
"Yeah..." I said quietly.
"Did you h-hear everything?" He asked.
"Yeah..." I said, "How long have they been doing that?"
"Hm?" He asked, "D-doing what?"
"Waking you up when I have problems." I said.
"Oh, yeah." He said, "They've b-been doing it a while."
I looked up at him slightly.
"Do they bother you?" I asked.
"No, not r-really." He said, "I completely understand w-why they're acting up."
I was quiet as I laid there, he was still rubbing my head, I opened my eyes again and looked up at him, I knew he wasn't asleep but his eyes were closed, he was breathing calmly as he was laying there aside from his tics, although they weren't that bad, I finally got up, causing him to open his eyes.
"How'd you know it was sleep paralysis?" I asked.
"You usually t-told me the next morning." He said, "I just made c-connections."
I was quiet.
"Are you g-going back t-to bed?" He asked.
"I don't know..." I replied quietly, "It's hard for me to fall back to sleep, remember?"
He was quiet as he laid there, he sat up and grabbed my head, pulling me back into his bed.
"Then just stay with me." He said quietly.
I pulled his arms off me slightly before I looked at his face, I immediately became upset, I grabbed the pillow we were laying on and pulled it out from under us, smacking him with it.
"That's not fair." I complained, "You're too cute to say no to, that's like saying no to a seal pup that wants to cuddle."
He laughed at me slightly as he pulled the pillow off his face.
"And s-saying no t-to you is like saying no t-to a baby b-bat." He said as he hit me with the pillow.
"Real flattering." I said sarcastically as I pulled the pillow away, "I'm a bat."
"Have you seen b-baby bats?" He asked.
"No." I said.
"They're really f-freaking cute." He smiled at me.
I scoffed at him as I hit him with the pillow again, he laughed quietly again, I poked his side and wiggled my finger, causing him to squeal slightly and squirm, he flashed me a dark look as he growled slightly, I poked his side again and he slapped my hand.
"Oh, ow!" I complained quietly as I moved my hand away.
"That didn't hurt." He pouted slightly, "Quit being a baby."
I stuck my tongue out at him, he grabbed it suddenly and I jumped slightly, he began pulling it out to its full length, he looked disappointed.
"That's eight." He said angrily.
I just shrugged, he let my tongue go and rolled over, he rolled back over with a ruler.
"Why was that by your bed?" I asked, "Is it to measure your...?"
"Why does it matter t-to you?" He asked as he grabbed my tongue again, "You've already h-had it in y-your mouth."
I let out an angry huff as he pulled my tongue to its full length again, he held the ruler up to it.
"It's fucking t-ten!" He said angrily, "Bullshit!"
I laughed at him slightly as he let my tongue go.
"Hey, I underestimated it, too." I said as I grabbed his shoulder, "I thought it was five inches, remember?"
He pouted at me slightly, I gently kissed his cheek and he stopped, he looked upset and he glared at me.
"You're really freaking cute." I said, "It's not fair."
He hit me with the pillow again.
"Shut up." He said.