Broken Kitty

I was quietly making my way through my victim's house, he was a cranky asshole with abusive tendencies, I felt bad for anyone who dealt with him on a daily, I looked around quietly, this guy honestly seemed like a paranoiac, he didn't have any spare cash or other valuables lying around, almost like he purposely made sure there wasn't anything to loot, I opened the door to see a large dog, I full on froze as I stared at the dog, it looked kind of old, it looked up at me and growled.
"Um... good dog?" I asked.
It went quiet and started wagging its tail, I reached over and gently pat its head, its tail wagged faster, I got down on one knee and began petting it more.
"You're just a sweetheart." I cooed as I cradled his face, "So sweet and cute."
It gently nuzzled my face, as it was loving my face I reached down and grabbed its collar, looking at the engraved name.
"Rexxi..." I trailed off, "You are just so sweet."
I was certain that she'd be adopted, she was just far too adorable and sweet to not be, the only problem is the fact she wouldn't be a very good guard dog, obviously, since I'm able to love her like this.
"You don't have to worry about that asshole anymore..." I whispered to the dog, "He's dead..."
Her tail wagged more, almost like she was ecstatic about that fact, I pet her more, maybe the reason she wasn't a very good guard dog was because she actually wanted that asshole dead, I looked the dog over again and knew that she was definitely abused, her dog bowl in there was empty of both food and water, I gently pat her head, she was so skinny and sad.
"Do you want some yums?" I asked quietly.
She was up immediately, spinning in circles as she moved over to the bowls, I checked the room over before I found the dog food, I got Roxxi some food and water, she happily ate, I then noticed the fact that there was a cat bowl in there as well, I looked around until I spotted something sitting on the shelf, a fuzzy little body, I went over and looked at it, the sight hurt me, the young cat was missing an ear and was heavily scarred, the fact anyone could hurt a cat as cute as him,  now I was really happy I killed that asshole, I reached over and the cat hissed at me, although it kind of looked like he was a dead body, I called his bluff and picked him up, he was dehydrated and starving, I looked down at Roxxi quietly, she looked worried about her furry companion in my arms, I cradled the cat silently.
"I'm gonna take him..." I said quietly, "Do you mind?"
She began wagging her tail, I made sure to kind of make a mess of the room, dumping all the food out on the floor and making sure she'd have enough water to last her a week, I then made sure she couldn't get out so she wouldn't be put down for eating her old master, I then began sneaking out of the house, I snuck through the backyards of a bunch of different houses until I eventually reached the forest undetected, I then walked all the way back to the mansion, as I was walking I glanced behind me and saw a parade of cats, once they saw that I noticed them they began to meow.
"You can't see him right now." I said, turning my attention away from them, "He's hurt and sick, I'll introduce you all later."
They continued following me all the way back to the mansion, once I got back I got some of the cat food that Slender had got for Titan and I took it back to the bedroom, I went in quietly and began getting everything he needed, I brought it back in and gently began giving the cat food and water, he seemed overjoyed to actually drink something, I sat there gently petting him as he was eating.
"You have a cat."
I looked over at Toby, who was staring at me wide-eyed.
"I know." I said as I looked back at him, "My victim was an abusive asshole and had both a dog and him to beat on."
Toby kicked his blankets off and jumped up, running over and looking at the cat, he reached over cautiously pet the cat, he twitched at his touch but kept eating, making weird noises as he did so, Toby was smiling as he was looking at the cat.
"He's cute." He said.
"Yeah." I agreed.
I sat there happily petting him with Toby, Toby was staring at the cat quietly, when it looked up at him he smiled.
"Hi." He said, "I'm Toby."
I couldn't help but smile at him, the cat hissed at him slightly but Toby's smile didn't leave his face.
"No, it's okay." He said, "You and I are alike."
He began petting him again.
"I know what it feels like t-to be beaten..." He said quietly, "You're safe here, Jack will t-take good care of you."
I smiled a bit more, Toby did too, the cat rubbed against his hand more as it purred, he looked up at me with his begging eyes.
"Yeah?" I asked, "You're giving me those eyes."
"Can we sleep with him...?" He asked softly.
"I don't see why not." I said, "It's only about two AM."
Toby smiled widely, then started climbing onto the bed, I grabbed the two dishes off the bed and set them on the nightstand, then had to move the cat as Toby was getting comfortable, I set the cat next to his head and got up, Toby grabbed my arm.
"I have to go shower and change." I said.
"Oh." He let me go, "Okay, sorry."
I went and showered, then went back to the room and got dressed, I then slipped into bed with Toby, he was attached to me immediately and started rubbing my back, I lazily tossed my arm over him and gently pulled him closer, I gently kissed his forehead and he smiled happily, then went back to pretending to be asleep, I rubbed his head quietly as I slowly dozed off.