Chapter 71|| But I'm supposed to return tonight

"You were too good to be true.
And I knew it."
Sarah Doughty

▲▲▲

"Are you sure you are ready for him? Is there an actual plan or are you just going to be a jobber for him and endure several trips to Suplex City?" Nicole continuously questioned while I helped her stretch out her legs

"Are you sure you are ready for him? Is there an actual plan or are you just going to be a jobber for him and endure several trips to Suplex City?" Nicole continuously questioned while I helped her stretch out her legs. In my opinion I should have been the one to be bombarding her with questions but I chose to let her be.

When she had told me that she was returning today I admit I could have had a better reaction but I had spoken before I could stop myself. It had left her avoiding me for most of the day yesterday but I could also tell she was more hurt than mad.

All I wanted was for her to do what she loved but I never wanted that to be at a price of her health. She was one of the most ruthless wrestlers in her time here when a lot of the women weren't being as savage as she was. But a lot had changed and you had people who she never worked with thrown into the mix. So I couldn't help but express how I wasn't keen on the idea, the fact that she found out a day before also meant less rehearsal time with the women.

"Are you just blocking me out right now?" I heard her again as she hopped up.

"No, I would never dare do that to the Fearless Nikki Bella" I shook my head and she shoved my chest before loosening her hair.

I smiled, "He gave John like sixteen suplexes I think? Or whatever but that means there will be several coming my way. But I am the Viper so its not going to be an easy fight."

She turned to me again as she brushed out her hair, "I didn't say it would be, I'm just concerned that's all. I have seen him fight with Hunter and John and it just makes me uneasy. Even Hunter has told me there were times where he just went off script and Hunter was like fuck it and he did the same. I just don't want that man pulling any shit you aren't ready for, that's all"

"I can't promise you that there won't be surprises because you know very well that no one is exempted from that. Not even Colby but I will be ready for anything, he'll still be thinking he has one up on me and then RKOuttaNowhere" I winked and she smiled before pushing all of her hair back. I loved seeing her excitement especially when there had been plenty of forced smiles over the last few months.

"I must say, despite my hesitance when you told me you would be working with him I have enjoyed watching you just have fun messing with him" She leaned up and wrapped her arms over my shoulder while I was still in a sweatpants and a t-shirt since I would be the main event.

"Yeah I needed a good feud to make me feel like myself. And I like it because there ain't so much talking, you know? I mean maybe a small part of me wishes that he would have brought you up so I could beat the shit out of him and know Hunter would have my back" I smirked and she seemed to think about it.