Chapter 58||I'm the man you claim to love...

"If you seek refuge
I've decorated a home with
your favourite things inside my ribs"
Harpreet M Dayal

♞♞♞

I wandered around backstage as my match had ended about five minutes ago, I had won

I wandered around backstage as my match had ended about five minutes ago, I had won. Winning wasn't anything too new lately, I was the big bad sellout who won at all costs so winning was common these days. I tried to be happy about it but apart of me missed the days of being a good guy. The winning meant something more then, to you, to the crowd cause there was no help, you were just out there proving your worth to the universe each week.

I sighed and sipped from my water before spotting one of my favourite people that still worked in this place. Yeah I was friendly with quite a few people but those were the same people who had made sure not to be associated with me when my scandal had aired. Being champion was difficult cause everyone claimed to be there for you so I never gave into it but stuck to the ones who were there in my darkest moments.

"Where's the snake?" I questioned as I found Nicole warming up for her match, no doubt.

"Somewhere. You know I like to be on my own before I head out there" She stretched her arms and I kissed her cheek to which she smiled before continuing.

"Let me not intrude" I slowly moved backwards with no intention of actually leaving.

"No, I meant when Randy is here he gets all intensely affectionate and I love it but then I'm just in that head space and not focused" She shrugged.

"Understood" I smiled and leaned back against the equipment box and continued sipping from my water.

I had fought against Kane, it was like after Randy had turned against The Authority a sort of rebellion occurred but I didn't have much of a problem with it. I respected both Randy and Kane as veterans so being able to add them onto my long list of opponents in singles matches I was content with.

"What's wrong?" I heard her and frowned as I hadn't said anything.

"What do you mean?" I tied my hair, she sighed and moved towards me.

"You were looking for me. Which is weird because I know lately you head straight to your locker room to shower and give April a call that's all."

"As always I'm missing my best friend." I briefly hugged her to my side.

"While I feel honoured, you're lying to me." She narrowed her eyes and I rolled mine and folded my arms abit defensively I knew so but did it nonetheless.

I frowned as she started squeezing my arms and then moved towards my abs and poked them which caused me to chuckle. "What are you doing?"

"I'm checking for any internal injuries, broken ribs etc." She shrugged and continued before I gripped her hands and pulled her into a hug.