Chapter 22|| You're too good for me, Orton...

"Do you know what would make me happy?
To know that this entire time that
I've been completely in love with you,
that what you actually felt
for me was real."
●Damon Salvatore, The Vampire Diaries●

▲▲▲

RAW - A WEEK AFTER HIAC

"Bella!" She turned with a small frown.

"Back to avoiding me after praising me last week?" I teased, slowly reaching her.

What? Scared Colby is making her happy again.

No.

Maybe.

She giggled, "no I just.. Felt like driving in on my own tonight"

I nodded as I had planned on picking her up at the airport, "So what did you think?"

"Of?" She questioned.

"What I did to your boyfriend last week?" I mused as while Hunter had tried to control me after the phone call and the afternoon spent with Nicole I grew anxious and just wanted to see him suffer. He had made the first move by curb stomping me so I only saw it fit to do the same to him.

"The RKO? It was nice, Orton." She gave a small smile making me frown as while she didn't seem like the defeated Nicole she also didn't seem like the fearless one.

I waited for her to go off on me for hurting Colby but she didn't say anything further.

I knew she hadn't seen him since he was touring with me all week and hoped Brie hadn't ambushed her again

"Apparently I'm going up against him tonight, whose corner will you be in?" I mused and she was about to answer when Brie called, having gotten off from the tour bus.

"You know if I'm going to be your assistant you should let me know where you are so we can travel together."

"I figured mom would let you know but I guess she didn't, that's why my week was so peaceful" she giggled while Brie rolled her eyes and moved on with John.