Chapter 53|| Loving two people at the same time is tough...

"She fell so naturally into my arms
like a flower in the sun."
Atticus

♞♞♞

"Is she okay?" I heard April as I was laid out on the couch playing some Call of Duty

"Is she okay?" I heard April as I was laid out on the couch playing some Call of Duty. Mostly because I had gotten a call from Joe bragging about how far he had gotten and that guy had a kid to occupy him. So I was offended that he had made it so far already.

"Who?"

"Pause the game and pay attention, Colby" she giggled and I reluctantly did and turned my attention onto her. I smiled due to her wearing her specs and briefly kissed her.

"Is Nikki okay?" She questioned pointedly as I leaned back.

I nodded knowing she was concerned as Nicole hadn't really looked so good when I had pitched up with her by my side. I didn't really know what was going on, I know Randy seemed to be holding grudges and there was some serious tension. Tension that probably worsened due to her leaving with me but I knew her well enough to give her some time. "Yeah she just wants to give Randy some space, his head is going crazy, nothing new. I know I didn't exactly give you time to prepare for a guest."

She shook her head, "It's Nicole. Its hardly a surprise to see her with you, I'm guessing going to her sister would have raised too many questions"

I shrugged with a small smile at how understanding she was. I mean Nicole had been important to me before anything even happened with April and I so of course she knew I wouldn't just abandon her. It was something I had been straightforward with from the beginning of our relationship, "Probably. I have a meeting later so you two will be hanging out on your own."

"Are you sure? She was in the room all day yesterday." She glanced in the direction of the hallway.

"She's tired. You know how being champion is, she stays with Randy basically so they go home, pick up Alanna and she spends all day playing family. She's a pleaser so she wears herself thin for everyone in her life." I sighed as it was what annoyed me about her but what also made her an important person in my life. "Let me go check on her."

"Okay I'll try and finish killing these guys for you." She smiled, grabbing the controller from me before I could even think to protest.

"Thanks babe" I chuckled as I made my way down the short hallway and opened the door surprised to find Nicole awake.

"I could have been naked."

I rolled my eyes as I closed the door and strolled in, "As if that would be a new sight."

"I have lost weight, so it would." She giggled slightly.

"I loved all the curves though so it would be less tempting" I smiled and she giggled louder before sitting up and I got onto the bed beside her. "What's on your mind?"