Chapter 35|| We might be star-crossed...

"When you're with me you don't need
to wonder if there's someone else.
I love you and there isn't
a person on this earth
that could compare."
-RM Drake

◇◇◇

FAST LANE 2015

FAST LANE 2015

"Could you see anything?" I smiled brightly as my sister's face filled the screen.

"Heard the heartbeat. I swear John got teary eyed but do not tease him about it!" She narrowed her eyes despite the excitement filling her face.

"I won't. That's cute, I hope I can be there for the next one. You'll be finding out the sex then?" I raised my eyebrow as she glanced past the screen and I soon saw Josie make her way beside her.

My sister and I could certainly be distinguished now and not just due to my twins since she had a pair of her own, but her bump was slowly showing and she had cut her long locks.

"I'll have to see what John thinks. I want it to be a surprise but we'll see. I have to go, good luck out there tonight!"

"Thanks!" I waved and saw the blank screen.

I sighed as I finished tying my sneakers and heard my phone go off again causing me to frown knowing it wasn't Brie until I saw who it was.

"Oh look who decided to contact me!" I sighed putting it onto loud speaker while his chuckles filled my locker room.

"I'm in the middle of nowhere most of the time, Bella. Time difference and all I figured there was no point in making the effort. I'm sure you're busy as well, keeping everything in check." His casual voice filled my ears while I felt myself getting annoyed due to it.

"Yes I am, and right now I have a match. So I don't really have the effort for this phone call, Randy."

"If you're mad I missed Valentine's Day. I'm sorry I..."

I rolled my eyes as the day meant for love was spent with Joseph in my apartment in San Diego...

"Randy, I'm honestly not in the mood. I don't feel like the effort its going to take me to actually pretend to be in the mood for you right now. So I'll save you the effort and end this call."