Chapter 23|| I destroyed him for you...

"Don't waste your time on someone
who does not appreciate you
the way you should be appreciated.
Don't even settle for mediocrity,
for being just an option,
for being the one who is just fun to be with,
for being the one who is always there desperately waiting"
●-Aysayako, Tumblr

▼▼▼

"It had to be done

"It had to be done." She simply said as we watched the replay but I slowly shook my head as the blood dripped off of him and I wished it were a work or some thing but it wasn't.

"Why the fuck did it have to be done, Steph. You know he is family to me and I watched him get pulled out on a fucking stretcher." I turned to her and her eyes softened but I knew it wouldn't stop her from being blunt with me.

"And you are here because you know that it had to be done. He is too close to Nicole and therefore he will probably end up running in defense of her instead of standing by us" She slowly stroked my arm as I stared at the image on the screen before focusing on her again.

"I let you mess with Nicole out there but its going too far" I admitted.

I didn't like watching Nicole's matches where she was beaten down but if I were to speak up I knew that would only make it worse. Not only on my wife who would end up being hurt at any sign of me showing I actually cared about her but for Nicole who she would take that hurt out on.

"Well your one night of weakness left me vulnerable

"Well your one night of weakness left me vulnerable. If she tells Randy and then what? I already had to fire Brie, before she spilled to the world..."

I sighed and shook my head, "well he is no longer a problem with him being put off for the next few weeks Steph and with Brie and Nikki seeming on good terms she wouldn't do anything that would damage her sister's career."

"It sounds like I'm being heartless but I am hurting too.." She whispered and I took her hand in mine and pulled the woman who had stood by me for so many years into my arms.