Chapter 36|| Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"But please,
for the love you haven't tasted,
don't destroy her.
For she's a flower,
so if you want nothing with her,
then by all means, let her bloom,
let her roam freely and let her be."

▲▲▲

"Stooooop!" She whined as we sat in the empty hallway despite Raw having gone on air

"Stooooop!" She whined as we sat in the empty hallway despite Raw having gone on air. I had searched the entire arena having heard she was off for the night until I stumbled upon her.

"I'm surprised we haven't been called in yet. What you did was so stupid!" She narrowed her eyes at me making me smile.

"Saving the love of my life. I highly consider that stupid Nicole." I scoffed.

"But if she doesn't love you back then it is."

"But luckily in this case she does.."

"Oh you'd be so lucky" She smiled.

She doesn't love you...

She begs to differ...

"They shouldn't have attacked you, I'm not letting you lose yourself again. I want you happy..." I said seriously as despite my disappearance over the last two months I had watched every show, mostly to see her and see what to expect once I returned. I saw Stephanie tearing her down each week, milking her dismissal of Brie when she knew that Brie was pregnant. While the world was still oblivious to it. So when she had mentioned the idea of Stephanie possibly knowing about the affair I wasn't as surprised as I should have been.

"What makes you say that, Nicole?" I questioned, arching my eyebrows as fear swept over her face.

"The pain filling my body due to her fucking heels. My pride that is currently hurting and the fact that I just realized I blew up on you because I'm fucking terrified. I had avoided her until Brie's storyline only seeing her when need be and now she's always there. Just when I think I am at peace I hear her music and she's the bearer of bad news and the words she says just twists it all. She knows and she's going to tear me down until I do something reckless and then I'm as good as fired."

Her last words struck me as I wasn't exactly sure what was here in the company for me anymore if she were gone. I honestly had no interest in anything when it was clear Colby was getting the push, there was no championship in my near future. Once they send you away for a movie you truly know they have no plans and while I liked to believe Hunter was professional, perhaps my relationship with Nicole was to blame. However I could care less, I'd go out there and be her savior each week, throw in a cocky smile and get the crowd believing it was more to get into the mind of The Authority than being her hero. But if Nicole wasn't here, she'd be at home and the times she was taken off TV roamed in my mind and how pointless backstage had seemed.